Chapter 4: Liquor Courage

Ant's  POV

It's safe to say Taylor and I are officially back together. I kept my cool when she agreed to get back with me, but on the inside I was turning flips. She had me fooled at first, thinking she didn't want a relationship.

Now that the week is almost over, I'm spending as much quality time as I can. Soon, she has to get back to her schoolwork and I'll be headed back to Houston. I'm taking her out to dinner tonight since the only thing we've been doing is having sex since we've made up.

"Baby, which wig should I wear?" Taylor held up a black straight wig with a bang and a light brown short one.

"That's what y'all wearing, wigs now?" I passed the blunt to her.

"Which one?" She laughed a little.

"The black one." I watched her remove her bonnet to expose her cornrows.

"So that's how you and Sunny change hairstyles so fast." I don't know shit about weave so this was amusing to me.

"Yes, wigs are life." She took a puff of the weed as she combed her hair.

"Well once we get back you ain't gone need it unless you wanna get it snatched off." I kissed her shoulder.

"You play too much. Can you zip me up?" She pointed to the back of her light pink dress.

I zipped her dress up and she applied a little bit of perfume. I sighed as she checked her makeup for the thirteenth time. It really be taking her hours to get ready when she's already beautiful enough. I'm kinda high so I need her to speed up some cause I'm starving.

"Girl, you look fine. Let's go." I tugged at her waist.

"You sure? Let me put my heels on." She checked herself out in the full body mirror.

"Yes I'm sure, good enough to eat." I made a slurping sound.

She batted her long eyelashes and fastened her heels. Now that she's altogether, we made our way downstairs. Cory and TJ were in the living room watching rap battles on the TV.

"Don't wait up guys." She said, acting goofy as hell.

"Finally, get out. I'm a need you to get some thicker walls." Cory threw a pillow at Taylor.

"Right, sicka' hearing that shit while I'm tryna sleep." Tyshawn added on.

"Stop hating." I said as we walked out the door.

Taylor tossed me her keys and I went to the drivers seat. She has no idea where we're going, but I'm taking her to this nice ass restaurant around the way. I want us to sit down, catch up and enjoy a nice meal. I even got a nice gift for her waiting at the restaurant. As I drove, she rolled up and we smoked on the way.

"I hope you know I'm working up quite an appetite from all this weed." She rubbed her stomach.

"Good." I blew smoke out the window as I pulled up to the restaurant.

Taylor looked at herself in the mirror before she got out the car. I locked her arm into mines and we headed inside. I could smell the weed odor from both of our clothes which caused people to stare at us. Or maybe it was because we were the only black people in the restaurant.

"How may I help you?" A man greeted us.

"I have reservations for two. My name is Antonio." I tried hard not to laugh because everybody was staring hard as fuck.

"Excellent. Right this way." He grabbed two menus and led the way.

Taylor walked ahead of me and I watched as her hips swayed side to side. We then reached a table with a lit candle on it, the server pulled out Taylors seat for her.