Chapter 34: Angel of Mine

Song in multimedia: Drake- Fall For Your Type (instrumental)

With the house all to myself, I paid the housekeeper for the day and got started on my big homework assignment. It was so quiet without Ant, but I needed some alone time. I'm sure he needed to get away from me too. I've been a little stressed because Mariah hasn't made her arrival yet. If she doesn't come by tomorrow they have to induce me and I'm going to be on bedrest. I've did everything in the book to get her to come out; from sex, to walking, even eating certain foods. She's just not budging.

With a lot on my mind I opened a bag of pretzels and started on my homework. At the same time I had to reply back to emails that Sunny should have days ago. People are starting to think that we're scamming them, but in reality we're just two hormonal women who have a lot going on. I sent out discounts and tracking numbers all while flipping through this thick ass psychology book.

An hour into doing my homework I was knelt over the toilet vomiting up the mini pretzels. I flushed the toilet, stood up and cleaned my mouth out. As I looked at myself in the mirror I felt a slight twist in my stomach. It was painless, but noticeable. I splashed my flushed face with water and ignored it once my phone started ringing.

"Just checking on you..." Cierra said into the phone.

"Thank you. I'm good, kind of." I walked out of the bathroom and back into the living room.

"You need anything? I'm hella far away, but I'll still swing by."

"I don't need anything, but I do want to get out the house. I gotta make a post office run and some fresh air would be nice."

"I'm on my way." She said.

I'll finish my homework once I get back home. I slowly waddled up the stairs to change from my pajamas into some everyday wear. As I walked into my bedroom, my body moved from side to side with each step I took. I looked in the mirror at my natural curls that had become frizzy from not taming them in two days. I twirled a strand with my fingers and decided since it was raining I would be lazy and go as is. I thought about trying to put on some cute clothes, but instead I grabbed some leggings and a hoodie.

After putting on my clothes I gathered the bag of hair orders that needed to be dropped off. I swear after I have this baby I'm shutting the site down for a minute because I need a break.

Cierra got there sooner than I expected and I went outside as fast as I could. It feels so good to leave the house, even if it is just going to the boring ole post office.

"Anywhere else you wanna go?" She asked as she drove.

"No, I have homework that I need to get out the way today. Mmh." I felt another knot form in my stomach, this time it kind of hurt.

"You feeling okay?" She looked over at me as I held my stomach.

"Yup. I feel as horrible as I've been feeling all week." I smiled.

"Awww, she'll be here soon. Hell, she might come today by the way you bout bust open." She touched my stomach.

"She bet not come today while Ant is gone."

"He had a show?" She looked shocked that he was out of town.

"No, I told him he could go to San Antonio with his people. Girl, I know I been driving that nigga crazy so I felt bad." I shrugged my shoulders.