Chapter 3: True Love

So Ant surprised me by showing up to my home a few days ago. I was happy to see him, but I was shocked. He started talking crazy about getting back together, I didn't expect that. We've been distant and single for a year and he decides to pop up out of nowhere. I won't lie and say I don't want him back. For the few days he's been here we've been playing it cool. It's weird sleeping in the bed with him even though he stays at the bottom.

"Taylor you been quiet since Ant got here. You don't want him around?" TJ asked me as soon as Ant went to the bathroom.

"It ain't like that, I would've liked to know he was gone be coming though." I replied.

"Stop faking like you ain't miss him. You stay flexing." Cory said as soon as Ant walked back in the room.

"Sunny, don't you wanna take us out?" Cory asked Sunny as Ant sat down on the couch next to me.

"No, nigga. I got work tomorrow." She rolled her neck and clicked her long nails.

"Sunny..." He nudged her.

"Oh, yeah. It's this one place I wanna take y'all. Let me go put my shoes on." She got up.

"Let's hit up the mall." TJ told her.

"Already."

"Sunny! You gone be tired." I didn't wanna be left alone.

She ignored me and went to her room. Cory and TJ stood up and waited for Sunny at the door. Antonio looked at the tv and I sat there with my hands in my lap. Once Sunny had her shoes on, the three of them waved and left the house. Ant didn't say anything, he continued watching the television.

"You hungry?" I asked.

"Nawl." He licked his lips, but didn't make eye contact with me.

"I got some weed, wanna smoke?" Maybe that'll make it less awkward.

"Yuh." He finally looked over.

I grinned and went upstairs to get the weed. I came back with a medicine bottle full of weed and my clear bong.

"You smoke out of these now? Where the woods at?" He observed the bong.

"Yeah, Cory bought it for me. I don't have any backwoods on me." I put the bong on the table.

I fired up and took the first hit. My lips stayed on the bong until my lungs were filled to capacity. On the verge of tears, I slowly blew the smoke out my mouth. I watched Antonio take his hit, of course he had to out do me and take a longer inhale. We went back and forth taking turns until our eyes were low. To set the mood I turned on some music, none of that slow shit though. I played my favorite female Houston rapper, Megan Thee Stallion. I probably shouldn't be playing her because most of her songs are freaky. As the music played, Ant and I had a competition to see who could hold the smoke in for the longest. That kind of broke some of the tension in the room and both of us were more comfortable. After holding our breath for a few minutes he won, but I'm sure y'all knew.

"I think I'm hungry now." Ant laughed.

"Aw, naw. I don't feel like getting up now. I got some cookies and shit in the kitchen." I smiled.

"Bet. Want me to grab you something?" He got off the couch.

"Some water and chips." I blew smoke out my nose.

A few minutes later he came back with buku snacks. He sat everything on the coffee table and scooted closer to me. I'm high as shit so I didn't feel like moving over. Next thing I knew, Antonio was leaning on me with his phone in my face.