Chapter 47: You're Everything

Today's the day of my family's annual barbecue and I'm currently getting dressed for it. I got Mariah ready and she's wearing her cute little white shorts with a red tube top and a headband. I put on some shorts as well with a plain tank top and some red Vans. Ant's supposed to be going too, but he's been at the studio all night and I'm sure he's tired. Ever since Slim told him he was getting sued, he's been spending majority of his time there.

"Baby, if you're tired you don't have to go. I'll let my dad know you had business to take care of, he'll understand." I put sunscreen on Mariah.

"I'm not tired. Just let me put on a shirt and I'll meet you downstairs." He flashed a quick smile.

"Lets go, fat mama." I picked Mariah up and carried her downstairs.

I grabbed my purse and the keys to my Maserati after I put Mariah in her car seat. While I waited for Ant, I recorded multiple videos of my baby. She'll be three months tomorrow and she's getting so big.

"Alright, I'm ready." He told me.

I put Mariah in the backseat and got in on the drivers side. After putting our seat belts on I proceeded to the park that was about a thirty minute drive. During the ride Ant had me listen to his unreleased music to see how I liked it. Once I got there, I saw that the park was full of my family members. It was hard to find a spot to park because it was so many cars on the lot.

"I wish my family did shit like this, but they all thugs." Ant said.

"They would be shooting dice and some more." I joked.

"On me. Aye, remember when we first started talking and your family had that big barbecue. That was the day you introduced me to your parents for the first time." He grinned.

"Yes, that was before you and Cory got famous. Y'all was just average people then." I replied while walking with Mariah in my hands.

"Now look at us. We married, got a baby, and I'm not broke no more."

We approached the section of the park most of my family was on and we spoke to everyone. Mariah was the main thing they were concerned with, but some of them did ask how our honeymoon went. After speaking to them, I found a seat in the shade away from the blazing sun.

"For a second I thought y'all wasn't coming." Cierra sat next to me.

"I got lost on the way, but you know I wouldn't let you be here by yourself." I told her.

"Y'all not eating?" My mother came over and asked.

I looked over at Ant who was acting shy around my family. I wasn't hungry, but since he obviously is, I'll get up to make his plate. I left Mariah with him as I walked over to the grill. My uncles and father had it smelling so good, maybe I'll get myself a little something to eat. I piled his plate up with meat and then I went over to the different side dishes.

"Tayyyyyyyy!" Cory yelled as he stood next to me.

"Hey, Cory." I giggled because he's high as hell.

"Where my baby?" He asked while eating a rib.

"With her daddy under the gazebo."

"Let me go speak." He walked away.

Just as I was about to go give Ant his plate, my dad decided he wanted to talk. Him and my uncles called themselves giving me marriage advice and tips on how to treat my man. It was hella awkward hearing my dad talk about relationships, but him and my mom have been married for over twenty years so I made sure to listen. After a few minutes of talking, they finally let me go.