Chapter 15

A crazy week as gone by with, Barry and Sara getting ready for Comic Con, Ava leaving to go to her grandma's for some family business--funeral. That leaves only me and Jonathan for the weekend. The band is officially--official.

"Hey, Di."

"Hey, Jon."

"So, it's just the two of this weekend..."

"Yeah... We have the mission of creating our first hit single, while Barry and Sara are at Comic Con and Ava..."

"Yeah.... Poor Ava..."

"I know right... But let's focus on the song.... Let's think of the subject first..."

"How about... 8th grade?"

"Perfect..."

"How about we write some of the song, and you write some?"

"Yeah sure."

So after hours of editing, revising , and several drafts. We finally wrote a song...about 8th grade.

"Now a title..."

"How about 'Crazy Year'?"

"Di, how do you have such good ideas?"

"Is that a compliment?" I chuckle.

"Yeah, sure."

*Barry's POV*

"Sara, how's Comic Con so far?"

"I'm impressed... It's actually better than I expected..."

"I knew you would say that...."

{Announcer: May all Comicians give me your attention... Our special guests will be coming soon... When I say soon, in a few minutes... So all I ask is, form lines and act civilized... Thank you..]

The room goes silent.

"Grant?" I say, assuming that's Sara's guest target.

"Grant," she replies, with a bold tone.

"I wonder if the creators are open to suggestions," I mumbled.

"Me too. If they were, let's just say, I'm full of ideas..."

"We all know you are," I insisted.

The door slowly opens, with Grant and others come toward us.

"Hey, everybody! Are we ready for Comic Con!" Grant announces.

"Yeah!" The crowd shouts back.

"Well...this is gonna be very interesting..."

*Ava's POV*

The funeral speaker finishes the speech. "Would you like to add something, Ava?"

"Yes, I would."

"Go up there and go honor grandma," Mom and Dad whisper, sniffling.

"I will," I whisper back.

I go up the  podium with a positive smile and sigh.

"Hello, folks. I'm Ava Hester and Laura Hester was my grandma--and I'm her proud grand daughter. She was known as the warrior of the family, she would defend anyone, that she thought was innocent--" People start nodding and smiling. "We all know--she's in a better place now. We all know, we can't bring her back. But the way we can honor her memories is--doing good, protecting our loved ones... Then, Laura will see the love we're are bringing ,and will bring good into our lives... So let's honor Laura..." I get off the stage and a wild claps of applause shower upon me.   Grandma would've been proud.

8th grade dramaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें