|Chapter I|

Silence says a lot more than you think

Chapter 1: Brown/hazel with gold flecks

My life hasn't always been easy. I had little to no friends. I was one to struggle to make friends on my own and it wasn't because I was shy. People just didn't like me for some reason. I wondered why but rather kept to myself.

This all changed a year ago.

I could've been happy that I was finally taken out of this empty space but something else came into the picture. The worse part was that it wasn't one I could easily get rid of.

Once we entered the school building, I walked side by side with Jordan while he was on his crutches. He had his bag while I carried a few of his books.

I never failed to notice the looks people gave and the whispers they lacked to keep secretive. They usually came from the girls who had eyes for him. There were also gossips on how he deserved better. Those I ignored. They never did like me so why would they now?

"What do you have first?" He asked.

"Biology." I answered. He nodded his head and walked me to my locker. I entered my combination and placed some of my own books in my locker. I closed my locker and he walked me to class.

"Bye." He said placing a kiss on my cheek.

I went into class sitting in the second row by the window. I always took the window seats that were available as I felt comfort looking outside.

Students came in taking their seats before the bell rang. The teacher soon entered after that with a stack of papers in his hand.

"Morning class, I'll be handing out your tests. Some of you did good and others... I'm not even going to say anything." He started handing out the tests according to alphabetical order.

I couldn't believe we already had a test in the first week of school. But of course, this was senior year, last year was just child's play.

I received my test a few letters later before daydreaming out through the window.

It was sunny outside like it always was here. I preferred rain weather liking the idea of staying in with a cup of hot chocolate and a good movie. It also reflected most of the feelings I kept buried.

Soon the bell rang and I went to my next class. I had made no eye contact with anyone knowing I'd only get a nasty look in return.

I walked through the door and saw Jordan talking to his best friend Kayden. His hazel eyes never failing to catch girl's attention. If they actually paid attention to his personality then maybe they wouldn't be so head over heels for him. Kayden had no filter which was one of the reasons we didn't get along.

I greeted him nonetheless and sat myself in the seat next to Jordan. His arm slid around my waist as he continued talking to his friend.

"Smile." He whispered in my ear. I glanced at him flashing a smile. I didn't exactly do it often, it was something I was still getting used to. I didn't do it too often.

"You going to Trevor's party tonight? After the game." Kayden asked. There was a soccer game every Friday. Someone would also host a party whether we won or lost but the team were three time champs.

He shrugged. Only reason he did that was because he didn't want me to go. I haven't even had alcohol in my life. I wasn't really into trying it any time soon. Anyway, my parents never allowed me to go to house parties. Well my mother didn't, my dad on the hand always wanted me to go out and enjoy my youth.