|Chapter LIII|

All you really need, is someone who sees the psycho you are and likes you anyway

Chapter 54: Life's not fair

It's funny how life throws detestable situations at you and still expects you to keep things together. To not go off at people, numb the pain with drugs or end it all at once. It simply wasn't fair but there wasn't anything we could do about it. Some things were out of our control but it didn't mean we couldn't try.

"What do mean you're letting him go?" Jordan was starting to lose faith in Nicholas. He hoped he would've found them by now. It had been five days and it was frustrating him. The police were hopeless.

"We've searched for finger prints only to find Renée's. Looked through his motel for any leads and used a lie detector. He's even got an alibi. There's no way out, he's got us cornered."

"You're just going to let him free knowing he's the one who took them. Tyler saw and identified him as the suspect. There's no way that he doesn't get to spend at least one night in a cell."

"Jordan, I've tried. We just got to keep looking—"

"That's the same shit you've been telling me. If you really were trying you would've found them by now. We would be in a court room watching him get sentenced but we're still here. The same place since day one."

"You think I'm not trying?" Nicholas straightened his posture. "I made a promise to find them and I'm not planning on breaking it. This is not NSCI. People aren't found in one episode. This is the real world and that's what you're struggling to comprehend."

"No! You're struggling to comprehend that the guy you're dealing with wants revenge. He'll do anything to hurt me and that means even killing people. By the time you find them they'll just be skins and bones." Jordan moved closer using his height as an intimidation. "So let him go. But don't you dare call us in to say that you didn't make it in time. Because you chose to do a shitty job at recovering them back." He gave Nicholas one more sharp look before barging out.

He hopped into his car pushing his key into the ignition but stopped. His hand was still on the keys when he saw the bastard walk out with a repulsive grin on his face.

It was taking everything in Jordan to not go out and beat him til he told him where they were. He would've done a better job than the police could.

He furrowed brows showing the amount of hate he had for Micheal. He watched as he strolled across the police parking into the cab waiting out of him.

Without thinking he turned the ignition and followed him on his way out. Jordan placed a good amount of space between him and the cab. He kept a sharp eye on the yellow vehicle not letting it out of sight.

If the police weren't going to do anything it was up to Jordan to find them. He couldn't depend on anyone because they did such a lousy job at it. It was something he was starting to get used to. Losing his trust in people.

The time was moving into the second hour since he'd been following Micheal. Jordan concluded that he lied about staying at the motel and being broke because the fuel cost was starting to look like a new Gucci perfume.

They were driving into a new city and it brought confusion to Jordan. He didn't understand why they were in Santa Monica. All he was certain about was that Michael was leading him to Renée and Gavin. It explained why the police struggled to find them. Though he was still able to get a bigger lead than the whole police department all together.

The vehicle in front of him drove out of the local area into a more deserted place. He passed a couple of big houses that most likely belonged to those of wealth and fortune.