|Chapter XLVIII|

We have tomorrows for a reason

Chapter 48: Stealing other people's girlfriends

The guests of Madison and Nicholas passed time drowning themselves with drinks, food and music that played. Everyone engaged with each other, coming together for this special celebration.

Tyler was one guest who wasn't enjoying himself as much as he'd like to. He barely knew the bride and was dragged here by his mother who forced him into a suit and tie that he struggled to make from zero experience with one.

He looked over at everyone dancing and chatting feeling out of place. He was sitting at an empty table that was once filled with people. He'd been talking with Jordan before he went off to speak to new family members.

When Tyler first moved out here, Jordan was one of the first people to welcome him, excluding Vee. To Tyler he seemed like the popular jock who couldn't tell his ass for his brain. But he'd claimed himself as a pretty decent guy who didn't think too highly of himself unlike the people back in his previous school.

He didn't think anything of the move other than him having a better chance at getting into universities around here and getting opportunities while seeing his brothers growing up. He knew they were still yet to learn and needed him around. Another reason for the move—it was all in the best interest of the twins.

All his life he felt as if he couldn't trust anyone. From a young age, he'd already experienced what betrayal was through his mom. Since then he was sceptic of the people he surrounded himself around. He was planning on pushing through senior without any complicated friendships. So why had it been that he trusted his next-door neighbour?

She was like any other teenage girl who had an obsession over a lame show that didn't deserve any award nominations. But the more he was around her Tyler realised that she was different.

Renée carried more baggage than what was visible. It just goes to show that he wasn't the only person whose life wasn't all primroses and sunshine. He thought he'd been through a lot of sh*t but she took the first prize for that.

He felt as he could confide things to her that he couldn't to anyone else. She understood him but not as much as the annoying girl in Physics did.

Veronica had managed to wrap him around her finger. She was a pesky creature with striking blue eyes who never took no as an answer. After the babysitting incident with Renée he'd been on the search for someone to watch the twins and somehow found himself offering Violet the job. He wouldn't have done so if he didn't trust her because his brothers were everything to him.

Before he told Renée about his mom, he'd first told Violet. It wasn't by choice and had slipped up when they'd gotten into their many arguments. You'd think they were a couple from afar when in all they were, you could say friends.

One of his brothers approached him sitting in the empty seat next to him. He sipped on his now finished drink placing his elbows on the table.

"Where's Grayson?"

"Dancing." He sighed. Unlike his twin, Gavin wasn't into events like this. He was more like his older brother who liked to stand on the side-lines.

"Stealing other people's girlfriends?"

"Yep. Why aren't you dancing?"

"You know I don't dance. What's your excuse?"

"Because Grayson keeps stealing them from me." He huffed.

"Then steal them back."

"Don't you think I tried that. I'm bored. Can't we just go now?"

"I doubt that. Mum's speaking to people and that's a definite sign that we're not going any time soon." He spoke from experience of the times Thea engaged with others.