|Chapter IV|

We're all pretty bizarre, some of us are just better at hiding it, that's all

Chapter 4: Please stop littering in my room

Everybody had something to look forward to the end of the week. Whether it was going to a soccer game, a party or just getting home to eat food. The later was me but instead of getting home for food, I got excited for Netflix. Every Friday I watched an episode of Riverdale just make my week better.

I got into the house and locked the front door. It was quiet since nobody was around. I passed the kitchen making myself a snack before heading upstairs.

I couldn't wait to jump into sweatpants and a tank top, watch Riverdale on my laptop and eat.

Halfway into the show, music started playing. It wasn't from downstairs nor was it from the show itself. And it definitely wasn't my cell phone. I paused, realising it was coming from outside.

I unwilling got up, annoyed that I was being interrupted from watching my celebrity crush. I groaned in frustration walking over to my window. My attention was drawn to the opposite room.

The walls were painted grey, with a few posters being hung around the room. It looked like a guy's room from the items that were inside. There was a study table in the corner along with a huge speaker blasting out music. I swear it got louder once I saw the size of it.

I hadn't met the new neighbours and already had a feeling that I wasn't going to along with them. First of all, the music was way too loud. Second of all...I didn't have another good reason but I didn't need one.

I did the only thing I could do to be able to get whoever was in that room to tone it down. I grabbed a piece of paper writing a quick message then threw it through the window in the form of paper ball form.

In the meantime, as I waited, I tried finishing an episode through my earphones which only helped slightly but let's be thankful for subtitles. When the show was nearly done I noticed a paper ball in my room.

"Whoever you are, I'm not going to tone my music down, in order for you to watch Riverdale. Whatever that is."

Oh my gosh. This person didn't know what Riverdale was. I always was shocked whenever someone told me that. Vee didn't even know what the show was until she met me.

I sent another letter then shortly another crumbled up paper was thrown into my room.

"I don't care if I hurt your feelings by not knowing whatever Riverdale is. And could you stop littering in my room."

I was done with the reading and sending of letters. I walked up to the window to give this person a piece of my mind.

"Hello! Switch off the damn music!" I yelled over the music. Immediately a figure appeared on the other side.

"Quit yelling would you." My eyes widened. It was Tyler, the guy from the party. The guy who smoked mint flavoured vape. The new guy in school. The guy who was my Physics partner and most importantly my new neighbour. Oh, please don't tell me I'm not going to be breathing more of his vape.

"I don't smoke at home." I hated when I thought aloud. I think I'm so used to talking to myself that I don't notice when I say my thoughts.

"You should just quit smoking." I yelled back.

"Hey, aren't you that girl? Um...what's your name." He pulled a thinking face.

"Renée." He's been sitting next to me every day for the past two weeks and he didn't even know my name.