|Chapter XXIII|

You can't live a positive life with a negative mind

Chapter 23: A mistaken child

There are two reasons why I came on this trip. The first one being that everyone was going. I was looking forward to tour Europe since I was a outcasted and short freshman. It would be an absolute shame if I didn't go. But now that I think about it, what if the accident never happened. Jordan wouldn't have invited me to sit at him at lunch and I wouldn't be friends with Violet and Reece. My excitement wouldn't have been as big as it was now.

The second reason I came was because we were going to Paris. And no, the Eiffel Tower didn't lure me to come. From the very day I was born, my grandparents despised me. It sounds harsh but its the truth, they don't like me and that's just my parents words. They wouldn't lie to me so I believed their word.

The fortunate part is that I at least had another pair of grandparents who loved me, my father's parents. They were living a few hours away and before we'd only see each other on holidays. They seldom called to check up on me.

To make things even better, both families hated each other but that's a story for another day.

I know what you're thinking, why would I go visit my mother's parents then? Both of them were unknown to me. I didn't know how they looked, acted, wore or other loads of other things. Carrying on with life and not attempting to speak to them would leave me in regret.

Did they even know that their daughter left with her spouse and unborn child? I doubt with how far away they were and all contact was cut. I'm pretty sure they would kick me out as soon as they saw me. A spitting image of my parents standing at their doorstep and the door would be shut in my face within a nanosecond. That's how bad it was, well how I would think it to be.

Everyone was gathered in the lovely city of love ready to go sightseeing. Although it should be called the city of smoke with the amount of people I've seen with cigarettes between their lips.

The teachers were currently taking register to check if everyone was here. For precautions they gave everyone a map incase we got lost. The stupid thing was that it was in French. Seventy-five percent of the the seniors don't take French, how in the world is that gonna help anyone?

"Good luck for the next two weeks with her." Reece laughed.

"Don't rub it in."

"Shame man, I still can't believe you have to be with her for the next two weeks." I pulled my head back and groaned.

"Don't remind me. I can hardly handle seeing her everyday now I have to share a room with her. It's like she's living with me."

"Everyone's worse nightmare."

Reece didn't exactly like Emily either although I disliked her more. Her fake-ness was her reason, entirely contrasting mine.

"I'm pretty sure your roommate is better than mine. Emily was going through my things without my consent. I swear she doesn't know what privacy is." I rolled my eyes glancing at Emily who was busy flirting with one of the jocks. She was wearing my shorts and shirt.

"She's so sweet but quiet." She was referring to her roommate. "I don't think I'm able to deal with that. You are always welcomed to just come by to say hi." I smiled at her offer. How considerate was she to help me spend less time with the Queen B.