|Chapter XIII|

It's sucks doesn't it? Feeling like you're not good enough?

Chapter 13: Assumptions make an ass out of you and me

My depressing, lonely stage was over within two days. I was back to sitting in the cafeteria with my friends. I didn't have much of a choice as the two of them went on a manhunt for me. They eventually found me and bribed me to come back with a week's worth of lunch. How could I say no to food?

The gossip had faded since nothing more was being presented. Kyle stopped bothering for now. I say this because he said and I quote, "I always get what I want".  He wouldn't stop even after what Jordan told him. Jordan could be intimidating but Kyle didn't show that he cared.

I was left trying to go back to how things were before, going to school with there being no drama. But it wasn't possible because there was always drama. The people here lived for it, especially the seniors.

Today was any ordinary day of school. I wasn't expecting to have a new face at our lunch table. It was usually the three of us and it wasn't a mystery to know that something was off.

Imagine my face when he comes to sit down with us. Thank goodness it wasn't Kyle. I would've walked away because I wasn't going to entertain him being here.

"Um, hi?" Reece first said.

"Hey?" He greeted in the same tone Reece spoke to him. "I'm Tyler."

"I've heard of you." She told him eyeing him in an interrogative way. "Reece."

"Like the candy?" That's when he pulled his famous smirk. Vee and I both rolled our eyes.

"Almost but with a 'c'." He nodded his head at the information she had told him. He faced Vee and I and smiled.

"Asthmatic."

"Hi, Tyler." I roughly said. I wasn't being cold towards him. He usually was this way to me, it was only fair I did the same thing. Other times he was normal and didn't look like he wanted to kill somebody.

"How are you?" He asked stealing some of my fries. What was with everyone stealing my food? Honestly, did nobody feed him at home? I needed to have a chat with Thea.

"I could be better."

"Right." He mumbled and I could sense that I made him uncomfortable. He avoided eye contact with me 'because I was staring at him, making him even more uncomfortable. He stole my food, I wouldn't hesitate to make him feel awkward.

I broke my gaze and went back to eating my lunch. Tyler made a small cough and started to speak to his 'best friend'.

"Veronica." He acknowledged. "Didn't see you there. You're usually one to talk. What's wrong?" He cheekily asked.

"Why are you here, Tony? Finally decided to accept my invite to sit with us?" Vee asked with a fake smile on.

"Something like that."

"What's wrong with the jocks over there?" I gestured to the table containing sporty and popular people.

"Nothing. Just thought I would pay my neighbour and her friends a visit." He leaned back in his chair and drummed his fingers against the table.

"Neighbour?" Reece piped up.

"Unfortunately, that would be me." I announced. Reece was still confused while Vee gave me a sympathetic look.

Vee put her hand on my shoulder. "I'm so sorry that you have to live next door to this ass."

"A hot ass." He added.