|Chapter V|

The mind replays what the heart cannot delete

Chapter 5: I'm so sorry

I had a thumping feeling in my head, a migraine to be exact. I should've stayed home but I didn't want to miss school. The guilt would eat me up for missing classes.

The day seemed to drag on. The lessons went on non-stop, the clock seemed to go on for more than hours and my eyes wanted to close and get some sleep.

Even though the day was both boring and tormenting there was something that spiced up my day. Although it was something I was something I avoided ever since freshman year. Well someone I was avoiding.

I travelled to my locker to retrieve some of my books. Before I could even reach my destination, I was unexpectedly pulled into the cleaner's room. It was impossible to be shoved in here as I was more than five feet away from the door but now it seemed possible.

I've always prepared myself for this moment, the time when I got kidnapped and fought for my life. People in movies never appear to want to escape but I promised myself to pull a Jackie Chang.

I was about to scream when a hand covered my mouth. I would've done the good old lick-the-hand-and-escape thing but I didn't know where this person has been. It was also very unhygienic, something I and most probably everyone wasn't a fan of.

"Don't scream." A deep voice whispered in my ear. I tried to match the face with the voice but stopped when the room illuminated with light.

He slowly removed his hand as if waiting for me strike. I wasn't even violent but it didn't mean I wouldn't go down without a fight. Self-defence was done only in a time of danger.

I squirmed out of his arms and stood a far distance, although it was hard due to the tiny space. "What?" I hissed.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you to greet?" My head snapped back at him. He soon realised his mistake and was about to say something but I interrupted.

"Didn't I tell you to leave me alone? What do you want?" I crossed my arms waiting to hear his excuse of shoving me in this tight space. It was a really small space but I tried hard to not let it bother me.

"You." The words smoothly glided off his tongue. I choked on my own spit for a second before I came back to what was happening. I didn't have time for this, I had a massive headache that I was already trying deal with at the moment and that meant that my mood wasn't the best. The worst thing being I left my medication at home and I didn't even know where it was.

I turned around to open the door but it didn't budge. I even tried both push and pull. Now I could see why we needed P.E. in life.

I turned back around.

"Please open the door." I sighed. He gave me a look and I sent back one which made him try to open the door. Notice how I said try because we were officially stuck in the room.

"It won't open." He pressed his well broad-shouldered body against the door while holding the door handle. After a few minutes, he stopped attempting to let us free.

"It must be one of the handles that only open from the outside." I thought to myself.

"Then how does the cleaner get out?"

"She always leaves it open when she's in here." I paid attention to the small things that happened around. I know some people wouldn't even know that there was a cleaner around here. How else were the floors always so shiny and kept clean? It wasn't magic.