|Chapter XXX|

Peace will win, fear will lose

Chapter 30:  Dazed and confused

I woke up dazed and confused. I could barely think straight, let alone see well. My body felt heavy and humid even though the chilled wind blew into the room.

It felt as if a hammer was constantly hitting my head. My eyes were drowsy and I struggled to open them. I started to move around on the surface I was on. It felt like a bed from the feel of a comforter.

I attempted to raise my eyelids, succeeding. The room was dark and the only source of light was the dim lamp in the corner.

The room was very spacious and appeared to belong to a male with the painted grey wall and frames of football jerseys.

I turned my head to observe the rest of the room. In line of my vision was a sliding door leading out to a balcony. I blinked then rubbed my eyes. My surroundings were unfamiliar and I was beginning to panic.

I sat up on the bed continuously rubbing my eyes underneath my glasses. Why was I here? Where was I? The last thing I vaguely remember was being with Vee and Tyler. How on Earth did I end up here? Could I have possibly passed out?

I saw a figure in the dark looking out the balcony. From the profile, I could make out that it was a guy.

"Jordan?" I questioned. It took a minute for him to turn around. He came inside the room sliding the door closed followed by the click of the lock.

I felt a burn in my throat from the drinks that I consumed. Next time I'll remember to not drink so much at one go. Especially with me being a first timer and I was a lightweight. It would be soon before I threw it all up but all I was experiencing was thumping in my head. Almost close to a migraine, I hoped that wasn't the case.

I definitely must've passed out before he brought me upstairs. He was so sweet, always making sure I was safe.

"How long was I out?" I pressed my head against my palm.

He walked towards me and crawled on the bed until he was a few inches away.

"Not long." He mumbled close to my face.

"What time is it?" I looked around for a nearby clock.

"A little over eleven."

"Shouldn't we—"

"Shh. Don't speak." He put a finger over my lips. "Just..." His words fell short when he lightly pushed me so I was lying back flat on the bed.

I giggled when Jordan bit the edge of my earlobe whispering something I couldn't quite hear. I would've never giggled if I was sober, it was the vodka taking control.

In response he chuckled sending tingles through my skin.

I couldn't see him properly but allowed him to press his lips against mine. He hungrily slammed his lips onto mine nearly knocking the breath out of my lungs.

He seemed like he was in a hurry this time. He's always taken things at a slower pace for me. But escalating things made me feel like I was on the edge. It was good to feel a rush once in a while.

His tongue entered between my teeth when he slid his hand under my shirt causing a reaction from me. I tensed up not sure if I wanted to go that far. The remaining alcohol in me was telling to keep going but a small portion of my brain wanted to tell him to slow down.

I didn't know what it was but I didn't feel like myself and it wasn't just the alcohol. It was as there was another part of me telling me to just go for it.

Listening to this unknown part of me, I pushed him over to the other side of bed. I kicked my shoes off before straddling him. My forehead laid against his as I closed my eyes, listening to our breathing. My head was still aching but I didn't let it be an inconvenience.

"You alright?"

"Yeah."

I moved back and took my shirt off as his hands found his way to my hips. My arms wrapped around his neck bringing him closer to me. I couldn't see him through the lack of lighting in the room and depended on my lenses.

He pulled me even closer to him moulding his body against mine. His one hand trailed up and down my back while the other roamed over my bare legs.

We were so intimate within this moment. All I wanted to do was to be with him. I wanted him, all of him to myself. I wanted him to smother me with his body.

When I'd lightly tugged on his lip I could feel them fighting a grin. He was teasing me, not allowing me entrance. Instead he started placing traces on my neck.

I wanted to be with him but within that moment I didn't feel anything. Even when we were kissing before the spark that was usually there wasn't. It could be the alcohol that was messing with my mind but there was something that didn't feel right.

He had a new mixed smell of smoke and strawberry scent that I was starting to notice. There was a different aura about him. Jordan had a more distinctive smell about him. He was more gentle when he'd held me but at this moment there was a lack of that.

He stripped his shirt off tossing it on the floor. My hands traced along his defined chest as his hand made contact with the latch of my bra.

Immediately I retreated. My heart beat increased rapidly. I was starting to feel anxious. He hadn't gone so far with me as I'd told him before that I wasn't ready, and I still wasn't prepared.

I pulled his hand away but he moved it back, pulling me closer to him.

"C'mon," he mumbled. "I'm not gonna hurt you."

"I'm...I'm not ready." My voice uncontrollably started shaking.

"You're a f*cking virgin. Even better." He mumbled.

"What?"

He ignored me and flipped me hovering over me. I let out a heavy breath from the unexpected turn.

Maybe I gave him the wrong impression. I shouldn't have led him on like that. He obviously thought that I was initiating it. Yet again this was Jordan.

This wasn't like him. By now he would've stopped and respected my wishes but he wasn't listening. After everything he wouldn't just ignore me. There was a sense of respect between us.

His hand went to my waist tugging on my shorts.

"Stop." I firmly said grabbing onto my shorts and stopping them from going down any further.

My eyes flickered to his about to say something when I'd caught a sight of something on his chest. I lifted myself on my elbows looking up closely.

My eyes furrowed in confusion seeing the ink on his skin. I rubbed my eyes then again looked over the permanent ink on the left side of his chest.

Jordan didn't have a tattoo.

I stared at his eyes as my hand searched to switch the bedside lamp on. Just when I found the switch his hand caught a hold of my wrist.

"Renée, just relax." He whispered. "Don't be a tease."

I knew Jordan, he wouldn't pressure me into doing anything. He also ninety-nine percent of the time called me by my nickname. The fact that Jordan didn't sound like himself was a red flag.

I flipped the light switch of the bedside coming into contact with deep blue eyes.

_______________________

I gave y'all a short one for once. This is the shortest chapter in the story so far.

Song~ Pretty Girl by Maggie Lindemann

Malamba