Chapter 2: An old friend

Chapter 2

Katniss P.O.V.

"Oh my god..."

I've never ever seen anything this beautiful. This must be taken right out of a fairytale.

Right outside the wall, there is a beautiful meadow, with hills not too big but not too small.

The apple trees are standing everywhere and are so big and beautiful.

I run up to the biggest one of them all.

I start to climb up in the tree. I haven't climbed a tree since I was six, so it surprises me that I'm actually good at it.

When I come up to the crown, I sit on a branch.

I stretch my arms and grabs an apple that's even bigger than my own hand.

It looks so good. And I'm so hungry.

I put it to my lips, feeling a slight cold from the apple to my lips.

I open my mouth and bury my teeth in it, feeling all the flavors right here without needing to swallow.

I rip off the bit and start chewing the bite. The flavors explodes like a bomb in my mouth and I let out a sound of pleasure as I chew the fruit.

I don't know how long time it takes for me to eat the apple, but I'm sure it was a real long time, as big as it was. I mean seriously, it was almost bigger than my head!

I want to look around.

I carefully climb back down.

I jump from the last branch, and to my surprise I land gracefully and lightly in the soft bright green grass.

I start to walk towards the path that's not far away from the meadow.

I walk out on the stone path and walk along it.

As I walk a start to see a village. Oh this has be our village. I haven't seen it since I was seven.

I stop and take my shawl from my waist. I put the shawl over my head. I don't make a kong or anything like that, I just let it lie there and I have the ends around my arms.

I just want to cover a bit of myself up.

I continue to walk the path. I walk into the village and it's full of small and cute stores. I can smell baked bread. Is there a bakery here?

I walk and look around. Taking little thing I see in my mind. I don't want to forget this. This is the most incredible I've seen in so many years.

I'm sure I were here when I was younger, but never since I turned seven.

I almost get a bit angry.

Why wouldn't my stepmother let me go out? What did I ever do to her.

I forget to watch here I go, and so I stumble over something and falls to the ground.

"Ouch..." I mumble.

Someone helps me up.

"Oh thank you so much sir", I say.

"No problem young lady", he chuckles. "Just watch where you put those pretty little feet".

I laugh at that.

I think he's a bit drunk, but he does not seem dangerous.

The odd thing though is that he's not surprised by the fact that I don't wear shoes or that I'm really dirty and in a torn dress. In fact, he cloths are torn, he's dirty and he has no shoes.