Chapter 22: Wonder

Chapter 22

Katniss P.O.V.

"Katniss you're only getting better and better", Prim says happily.

We're dancing around in the ball room.

I have to admit that Prim is right. I am better at dancing. Before I started with these lessons I was happy if I didn't stomp Peeta on his feet.

Yeah we have to be seen a lot with each other. I don't know what I think about that to be honest. That we always have to be together and do everything together. I'm surprised that they don't force us to share a room.

"Come on, hop on", I say to Prim and she stands on my feet.

I dance around with her on my feet. She closes her eyes and laughs.

"This is fun!" She laughs happily.

"You're so tiny", I say as I continue to dance with her standing on my feet.

And that's true. She doesn't weight anything. I can easily move around with her feet onto mine.

"I know, but I won't always be", she says.

"Let's hope you will", I hear a voice say behind us and I stop moving.

Prim jumps off my feet and I spin around to see my fiancé stand there.

"Noooo I want to grow up", Prim says.

"You'll regret wishing that when you do grow up Primmy", Peeta says chuckling.

"Oh no no no", Prim says. "I'm not you!"

"Ooohhh that's gotta sting!" I laugh.

Peeta raises one of his eyebrows as he looks at me.

I try to look remorse full but I can't because I just burst out in a fit of laughter along with Prim.

I've never laughed like this in my life before. Or maybe sometime, but I don't remember that time. I guess I'll remember these times.

"That's not funny", Peeta says.

"Because it's true", Prim says, and then she starts mimicking Peeta's voice. "Oh I wish I was little again. Mom cared about me more when I was little. I wish I didn't had these responsibilities. Primmy you don't know how good you have it! Primmy..."

"Okay! I got it!" Peeta says stopping Prim from going on further.

My guess is that this could go on for a while which only make me trying not to laugh so much harder.

"You've got yourself to blame", Prim says cocky. "Your now everything isn't that great when you're small either, mom sees me like a baby".

I know Prim is right. It has its downsides to be a child, but I don't know. I think that if I would have to chose, I would, just like Peeta, pick being a child. It's just easier to be a child. The responsibilities you have as a grown up or teenager can sometimes be overwhelming.

Peeta has this really red color on his face that makes it harder for me not to laugh.

He walks up to me.

"Can't you just drop it?" He asks.

"Nooo", I say. "I'm sorry, I've just not laughed in so long and now I just can't control it".

He touches my side and it tickles. I jerk and he looks at me.

"It tickled", I say.

"Oh", he says and suddenly gets something evilly in his eyes. "So you're ticklish?"

"No!" I say quickly stepping back from him.

"Yes you are", he says coming closer.

I continue to back and he continues to walk closer and closer to me, with his hands in front of him.

"Stay away from me Mr. Prince", I say.

"Oh no Princess", he says laughing evilly.

I start running and Peeta runs after me. He catches up to me and starts tickling me.

I slide down onto the floor and Peeta sits on top of me as he continues to tickle me.

I burst out laughing so loud, I can't contain myself. I hate that I'm so ticklish. That's my weakest spot. And Peeta just figured that out.

He continues to tickle me.

"S-stop!" I laugh.

"Why?" He asks. "You laughed at me".

"I'm sorry!" I laugh.

Peeta stops tickling me.

"You're sorry?" He asks sounding fake angry. "You think a sorry would patch up the wound you put into my heart".

"Drama queen", I mumble,

He lifts his hands again.

"No no I'm sorry", I say.

He puts my hands over my head.

"You mean that?" He asks and now I see that he has a hard time not to laugh.

"Yeeeeaaahhhh", I say not meaning it.

I look him deep in his eyes and suddenly my smile fades away. He's eyes really are so beautiful.

My stomach starts to bubble and tickle. That's that about?

Peeta's smile fades away and he looks at me differently. I don't know how to read this look.

I wonder what he's thinking. I really do. Do I have feelings for this boy? I don't know. What does feelings feel like?

Someone clears her throat. Prim.

Peeta slides off me sitting down on the floor. His lips closed together with force and all read in his face.

I feel my own face start to heat up like crazy. Oh god, this is embarrassing.

Prim just looks at me and Peeta smiling. What's up with her?

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hey guys, I'm sorry for the long wait. I really am sorry but I'm not in a good place, and I've got other books and I've I don't know, I'm just really sorry.

I hope you liked the chapter even though it wasn't that good.

Please vote and comment.

-Josephine xx