Chapter 27: Coronation

Chapter 27

Katniss P.O.V.

Today is the day of my coronation. I'm going to be a queen, and that makes me very nervous.

I've always been a princess. For the most of my life as everyone else knew, I was a dead princess. But still, a princess. Princess Katniss, not queen Katniss.

I want to be the queen. To make things better for my people. But what if I'm not good enough? What if I make mistakes?

I'm scared to let my people down. Peeta tells me to just relax and just believe in myself. But that's the thing, I'm not that good at believing in myself.

Peeta makes it more possible though. Having him believing in me, I'm starting to believe in myself more and more. It really helps to have someone by your side.

My evil stepmother is dead. She was sentenced to death for attempted murderer on me. And I can't say that I'm too sad about that.

Now before the coronation I have my tiara, and during the coronation I will revive the beautiful queen crown. The one my mother wore on her head when she was still alive.

I hope my mother an father are proud of me now. Proud of the fact that I've saved their kingdom, saved their people, my kingdom, my people. I don't want anything else but to make my parents proud of me. If they are up in heaven, looking down smiling at me, I hope they are proud.

I don't know why, but I look up and smile. I wanna believe that they are up there, watching and protecting me. Maybe I would've already been dead if they hadn't been up there watching me. I don't know. I don't know if I believe in that stuff. I just... I want to believe in something.

I stand up and walk out of my room. I walk down the hall to a window. I look out over the mil long yard and see how people are streaming in through the gates towards the castle.

The nervousness that I'm feeling is slowly talking over my legs.

"Katniss are you alright?"

I turn around to see the deer Elsa standing behind me.

"Yeah", I sigh. "I'm just nervous, that's all".

"Yeah that's understandable", Elsa says and sits down.

"Yeah soon I'm going to have all these responsibilities", I say. "Not more then you already had a few months ago, you've been taking good care of everything and everyone, it's just now when you've turned eighteen you're old enough to be the queen".

"Yeah, I think that's what scares me", I say. "And soon I'll be married and Peeta and I will rule this kingdom together and I just... It's all too much".

"Yeah but Katniss, you're marrying a guy that actually loves you, so it doesn't really matter that it was arranged from the beginning, you broke the arrangement and just went on true love instead", Elsa says, looking at me with her big brown eyes, and her nose in the air as she stretches her neck. She look back at me and continues. "So he'll have your back, he'll help you and you'll have his back and you'll help him, maybe it took you a while to understand your feelings about each other is because you both were against an arranged marriage".

Maybe what Elsa says is true. Maybe she has a point. My deer is so clever.

I walk up to her and wrap my around around her neck in a hug.

"I love you Elsa, you always know what to say", I say.

She licks my cheek.

"Of course I do, I'm a mother", she says proudly.

I laugh and sit on Elsa's back. She starts walking down the hall.

"Speaking of which, where is Lyre?" I ask.

"Last time I saw him he was helping down in the ballroom together with Posy and Prim", Elsa says.

"Ahh, Lyre and Posy do have a special bond", I say.

"Yeah, they're cute", Elsa says.

"Yeah they are", I say.

"Who is what?" I hear Gale's voice.

He comes walking towards me smiling. He has had a hard time to stop smiling since he got Madge back.

"Posy and Lyre, that they're cute together", I say, and Elsa buffs her head into Gale's side and he puts a hand onto his head, stroking it.

"Ah yeah they really are", Gale says and starts walking along with us. "Lyre is like an older brother to her, of course it would be nice if I could understand what they say when they talks, looks at me and starts laughing".

"Yeah I can't help you with that, unless you want to become a girl", I say laughing.

"Um... No thanks I'm good", Gale says.

Elsa and I giggles. We've all been more happy since my stepmother died. Especially me, I feel so free now.

A few hours later I'm standing in front of everyone. The priest talking and changing from my tiara to my crown. And I get the spire.

After the ceremony there's a party.

I'm now the queen. The queen. Soo Peeta is going to be the king, after marrying me. And we'll rule my kingdom together.

I think about what Elsa said and she's right. We did break the arrangement without breaking off the wedding. Which we weren't allowed to anyways.

"What are you thinking about?" Peeta asks me as we're dancing in the circle of people. Everyone looking at the two of us.

"About what Elsa told me", I say.

"And what's that?" Peeta asks curiously.

We're only talking so we're the only once that can hear it.

"She told me that we broke the arranged wedding without actually breaking it off", I say and Peeta twirls me around, and then pulls me back to his body.

"How so?" He asks confused.

"Yeah, because it was arranged, but we ended up loving each other either way", I say. "And Elsa has a theory that because we both were so against arranged marriages, it took time for us to actually understand that we love each other, and that we pushed it away because we though that it was the worst thing that could have happened".

Peeta starts smiling.

"Elsa is a very clever deer", he chuckles.

I put my head on Peeta's shoulder and we continue to dance.

"Yeah, she is", I say.

"But for the record, I knew I had strong feelings towards you from the start", Peeta says. "I just didn't want to destroy anything".

"I had strong feelings for you too", I say.

"But now I can tell you without doubt", Peeta says slowly and I look up at him. "That I love you with all my heart".

"And I love you with everything that I am", I say.

Peeta leans in to kiss me. He's lips feels so warm against mine and I sink into the kiss. I ignore the applause from all the people around us.

I start thinking about the future. And the next thing on the schedule, is a wedding.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hey guys, I hope you liked the chapter.

So now there's only one chapter and the epilogue left and I have a surprise for you all and I really think that you'll be very surprised.

Anyway vote and comment.

-Josephine xx

Btw, if you've missed it, I can tell you that 20 facts about me is now up so if you want to read it, just go ahead.