Chapter 28: A wedding

Chapter 28

Katniss P.O.V.

The women I see in the mirror can't possibly be me. It just can't. It's too surreal.

I have a white long dress, and a bridal vail down my back and I swear it's a mil long. A tiara is holding the vail in place on top of my head.

My make up is casual and pretty, it makes me look lighter, but with blood red lips.

I close my eyes. This day is the day I get married. And I don't know what to think about it.

I'm happy I'm marrying Peeta it's just... I think it's all too soon. If we could've just waited a few more years. But he's mother really wanted it to be now.

I sigh and the door opens.

"It's time my queen", a man says.

I nod and walks casually out of the room with my hands together over my stomach.

I'm going to walk down the isle myself. Before me my ten bridesmaids are going to walk down the isle and then my flower girl. Posy. And after me, holding my veil are children.

Queen Merallda arranged everything. I just go with what she wants. She's going to be my mother-in-law after all.

I'm standing outside, waiting. My parade of bridesmaids with Prim in the front walks down the isle, and then my flower girls with Posy in the front.

I take a deep breath. Trying to ignore my nervousness. My legs are shaking. I take another deep breath before starting to walk down the isle.

As I walk I se him. Peeta. He meet my eyes with his. And my nervousness just vanishes. Just like that. Just with one look from Peeta and I'm not confident then ever.

After the ceremony, there a big party. The biggest party I have ever been a part of.

And I'm actually very happy. I haven't been happy for the biggest part of my life. Actually I've been pretty miserable. And I've seen my friends die in front of my eyes. And I know that something in the future may make me sad. But right now, in this moment, I'm very happy.

Right now I'm standing in front of a table with a mountain of wedding gifts. This is all for me an Peeta. They are both big and small. The biggest one is as tall as me, and the smallest one is not even the size of my hand.

I can't believe that this is all for us. I mean what are we going to do with all of this? We are two people.

"Well hello there mrs", I hear a voice behind me.

I twirl around and see Madge stand there with a smile.

"Hello yourself", I say. "So when are you planning on marrying my cousin?"

She laughs.

"Well if he can decide it would be tomorrow, but I don't know", she says. "It's a happy occasion, maybe I'll save it to the next bad thing that's gonna happen".

I take her hand and we start walking around inside the party with all of the dancing, talking and laughing guests.

"You know Madge, you can't think like that", I say. "You have to live for the now, believe me, I spent almost my whole life locked inside a castle and you all thought I was dead".

"Yeah, I guess, maybe I'll marry him", she giggles.

"We're going to be family", I say.

"Can't wait", I say, and stop when I see Peeta.

He and Gale are dancing with Posy and Prim. So cute.

"Look", I say to Madge pointing at them.

"Aww".

We walk up to them.

"Okay now I think I'll have to marry you, this was the cutest thing I've ever seen", Madge says.

Gale smiles the happiest smile I've ever seen him smile.

"Finally!" He says and kisses her.

I laugh.

Peeta pulls me to him and kisses my forehead.

I lean my head onto his shoulder and feel that I'm lucky to have him.

I'm nervous again. It's mine and Peeta's first night alone as a married couple.

I'm eating a strawberry. I love strawberries. They're my favorite berry.

Peeta comes into the bedroom yawning. He's so cute when he's yawning.

He takes off his shirt and I turn away my eyes blushing. That was a good looking body. Oh my god.

"You know, I am your husband, you don't have to be ashamed", he says gently but I can hear the mocking smile in his voice.

I look at him, and raise my right eyebrow.

"And you're right, you are my husband", I say and stand up.

Without warning, I just rip off my shirt. Peeta swallows hard. I smile devilish.

I walk up to him and put my finger onto his mouth.

"What did you say?" I whisper.

"Um... I-I... Um..." He swallows hard again.

I take his hands gently and places them into my breasts.

"I am your wife now Peeta, don't be embarrassed", I say when I see that he's face is starting to get red.

Before I know it Peeta picked me up from the floor.

I scream laugh as he run with me towards the bed. He throws me down onto the bed and jumps over me.

"What are you going to do to me?" I laugh.

"Something I've wanted to do for a while now", he says and attaches his lips to mine.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Okay last chapter. I hope you liked this chapter.

Tomorrow I'm going to post the epilogue.

But until then please vote and comment.

-Josephine xx