Chapter 14: What?

Chapter 14

Peeta's P.O.V.

"Peeta please, it's not going to be a big bal", mother says.

"No! Mother", I say. "I don't want to attend on another one of your attempts to force a wife on me!"

"It's nothing like that, it's just a bal", she says.

Yeah right. That's what she said last time as well.

I just don't believe my mother when she says this, because her number one goal seems to be to find me a wife. Even though I don't want to.

"I don't want a wife, and I don't believe you when you say that you're my trying to find me a wife", I say.

"Okay fine! I am, but that's because you need to", mom says.

"Mother! You don't seem to be hearing me! I. Do. Not. Want. A. Wife!" I say before I storm off to my room.

Ugh I hate this. I hate being a prince. I just want to be a normal boy. I want to travel, I want to meat people, make my own friends, meets a girl I like and marry her and definitely not marry a girl my mother tries to force on me.

Why can't my life be normal? Because I'm the crown prince and I have responsibilities that other boys in my age doesn't.

I don't know what to do about my mother though. She makes me so frustrated sometimes. I mean I love her, but she makes me so frustrated.

It knocks on my door and then it opens.

"Peeta forget about a wife now", Prim says as she enters.

"How can I when mother is not talking about anything else?" I ask.

"I know, I know", she says. "But that's how she is".

"Yeah", I say. "I know, but I don't want to get married"

"Then you don't have to, she can't force you, she can try, but in the end it's your decision and not mothers", Prim says.

I laugh. My little sister Primrose, the poet.

Prim is so understanding and can always say the right things at moments like this.

I walk up to her and pick her up.

"Thanks Prim, but you're always going to be my one and only star", I say.

"Oh I know I will", she says slyly.

I just laugh and hug her tight. She knows how much I love her.

"Maybe I should go and apologize to mother though", I say and put Prim down again.

"Naahh she should apologize to be honest, because what she's doing is not fair to you", Prim says and shrugs. "You're only seventeen, and think about me, I'm not sure that I want an evil sister-in-law".

"Who says she's going to be evil?" I ask.

"You really have to read more", Prim says shaking her head.

"No I'm good Primmy", I say.

"Maybe you don't have to fight", she says. "I mean I understand why".

And that's when it hits me. These fights I have with mom about not wanting to find a wife must effect Prim as well. I just haven't thought if that before.

God I'm such a bad brother. Maybe I should just let my mom pair me up with a girl and just marry her. This is not fair to Prim.

I take Prim's hands.

"These fights is going to stop", I say as we start walking out of my room.

"What do you mean?" She asks.

"I'm gonna agree to a wife", I say.

"No you can't!" She says.

I can't look at her right now. My innocent, sweet baby sister is just always thinking about everyone but herself.

"I have to, these fights has to stop, it's not good for you", I say. "And I'm doing everything I can to keep you safe and out of trouble".

"But I'm fine, and you're just going to be miserable", Prim says sad. "Please don't do this!"

"I've made my decision Primmy", I say.

We walk down a lot of stairs before we walk into the bal room I know for a fact my mother will be.

When we walk in I'm not surprised to see her there, talking to bal planner.

I'm so close to regret my decision, when I see this, but then I feel Prim squeeze my hand and I remember why I'm agreeing to this.

"Mother!" I say and we walk up to her.

"Yes?" She asks.

But before I have time to say something else, Herman, our lead guard comes into the bal room.

"Queen Merallda, there's a group of children and a little child wanting to see you", he says. "They seem desperate".

"Oh?" Mother says. "Okay, well show is the way".

So we follow Herman back to the entrance and to the big gates to the castle.

The gate guards open up the gates and there stands a group if guys with a teenage girl and what I think is a four or five year old girl.

The teenage girl with black ebony hair turns around. Her hair flutters around her as she spins around.

The first thing I see is her lips. So red. Just like blood. And her skin, white as snow.

I hear my mother gasp.

"Katniss?" She asks.

The girl smiles shyly and nods.

What?

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hey guys, I hope you all liked the chapter :)

Yey, Katniss and the guys finally arrived :D

Please tell me if you did like it, so I can make it better :)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you all thought of the chapter :)

-Josephine xx