Chapter 7: Prince

Chapter 7

Peeta's P.O.V.

"Peeta, Peeta, Peeeeetaaa", I hear my sister Prim shout. "Peeta get up, mom wants you to get out of bed now".

"No Prim I'm too tired", I whine.

"Please your majesty the queen told me not to leave this room until you get out of bed", one if the housemaids says.

"Why?" I whine as Prim jumps up in my bed.

"She this and I quote: If that boy is ever going to find a wife, he can't spend his time sleeping, get in there and don't get out before he takes his lazy butt out of the bed", Charlotte says.

"Leave me aloooone", I whine. "I don't even want to hear the word wife, I've become allergic to that word!"

And I have. The only thing my mother ever tells me to do is to find a wife. She even says that she's not gonna be here forever and I am the crown prince, and I'm gonna take over after her. But she wants me to be married first.

Prim just likes the idea of me meeting a girl so she agrees with mom, but for another reason.

Mom have been nagging and nagging and now I'm allergic to the word wife. I get rashes. Okay no I don't, but I might as well could've.

"Your mother gave me a bucket of ice water and told me to throw it over you if you don't go out if your bed, your majesty", Charlotte says.

"Yeah right", I mumble and bury my face deeper into the pillow.

Prim jumps down from the bed. Good because I want to sleep.

But suddenly I jump out of the bed when I get I've cold water onto me with bits of ice.

"Charlotte!" I shout upset as I stand there in front of her and Prim all wet.

"I told you", she says.

Prim holds her hand as she laughs.

"She did, she did tell you", she laughs.

Okay I deserved that.

"I don't want to find a wife!" I say.

"Try telling that to mom", Prim says.

"Don't you think I've tried?" I sigh. "She won't listen to me".

"Oh I know, I said try", Prim says. "Charlotte I'm hungry".

"Okay come on princess Primrose, I think the breakfasts is done", Charlotte says and walks out with Prim.

Gosh. It's freezing.

I run into my bathroom and turn on the shower. I undress and jumps in under the warm rain of water.

I take a nice long shower, trying to clear my head.

I know that I will have to go down to breakfast soon enough, but I don't want to meet my mother. I mean don't misunderstand me, I love my mom, but her nagging about finding a wife is really getting on my nerves.

But soon enough I jump out of the shower and dress in my royal prince clothes because today we're going out on a parade. And if course mom, Prim and I have to attend in the parade.

Ugh I hate this. I didn't ask to be the prince. I would much rather be an ordinary boy. I have all this things to do and people expects so much out of me because I'm the crown prince.

When I'm all dressed I walk out of my room and to out big big dining room.

"Good morning mother", I say.

"Good morning my boy", she says as I sit down.

"Peeta the parade is going to be fun", Prim says.

She's in her finest royal princess dress. She actually looks really really cute. Her hair is not braided in the two braids like always, no now her long blond hair flows down her shoulders in waves and she have her royal princess crown.

Just as I start to eat someone comes up behind me and put my royal Crown prince crown.

I hold back a sigh just because my mother is sitting here. Prim knows I don't like this. I talk to her about everything because she's so good at giving advices and listen, but also because she's my sister and I love her. She don't say anything to mom though, and that's how I know I can fully trust my little sister.

Mom have her big queen crown on her head and the biggest dress she owns. Don't misunderstand me, she is beautiful, but that dress is not that beautiful. Even Prim don't like this dress, but she don't say anything to mom who believes it really beautiful.

"So maybe you'll see a special girl today at the parade", mom says looking at me with sly eyes.

Ugh and here we go again. She's a great mom, she always used to read to me to sleep when I was little, never the housemaids, she always took her time for me and the same she does for Prim, and she takes time for me now as well, but this nagging have to stop or else I'm gonna go inside for real. And I'm sure the kingdom don't want a crazy king.

"Mom I already have the two most special girls right here", I say in the sweetest voice I can manage.

"Awww... Nice try!" She says.

I sigh.

"Moooommm", I whine. "I don't want to find a girl, I'm seventeen years old for god's sake, and I don't want to get married!"

But this I tell her at least twice a day and she still don't get it. Is she ever gonna get it? I don't think so.

"You'll change your mind when you find the right one, and maybe she's watching the parade", mom says with a sly voice. "Look closer from the carriage".

I sigh. It don't matter how many times I try to tell her I don't want to find a girl, she never gets that, or she does but just ignores it. That's also a possibility because she can be pretty stubborn when she wants to.

"Mom please..." I try but she interrupts me.

"And please try to smile this time Peeta, last time it looked like you were angry, and we don't want that during this parade as well, do we?" She says.

"We might", I say and mom looks at me with hard eyes. "Okay I'll smile!"

I give her the biggest fake smile I can manage.

Mom starts to laugh and so does Prim.

"You're silly Peeta", Prim says.

I smile a genuine smile when I look at her. Prim is the only one that can really make me smile a real smile. She's the queen of my heart. Why do I need a wife? I don't get that. I can manage on my own.

Besides, I'm seventeen. I'm a teenager. I want to travel and see the world. I don't want to be here all the time. Before I'm crowned to king I want to see the world. Or at least more then the kingdom.

When we finish breakfast were pushed out to the carriage, driven by my horse Blitz and Prim's horse Mellony. They're both white as snow.

I don't want to do this.

But I have no choice. I am the prince after all.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hey guys, I wrote this chapter because so many of you wanted Peeta to be introduced in the book. Here you have it and I hope you liked it :)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you all thought :)

-Josephine xx