Chapter 18: Talking

Chapter 18

Katniss P.O.V.

Prince Peeta is showing me around in the castle.

It's really beautiful. It's so much light in the castle. It feels like a home. My castle is so dark and cold.

The have so many rooms, and they have so many candles on on the walls.

"It's really nice here", I mumble as I let my hand glide along the stone wall.

"What?" Prince Peeta ask.

"Oh nothing, I was just saying that it's really nice here", I say. "You have a very cozy home prince Peeta".

"Please stop calling me that, just call me Peeta", he says.

I smile.

"Okay, as long as you only call me Katniss", I say.

"Okay fine, Katniss", he says.

"Good, Peeta", I say.

Both of us starts laughing.

"Come here", he says, takes my hand and starts pulling me.

He runs up to a door and opens it.

Inside the door, there are stairs, so he starts pulling me up the stairs. It looks like we're in a tower.

When we get up he opens another door and we end up the tower.

The sun is going down and the view is all orange. So beautiful. The sun is going down behind the high mountains.

On the other side of those mountains is my castle, my village and my suffering people.

"It's beautiful", I say walking to the edge and put my hand on the railing.

"Yeah it really is", Peeta says, as he comes and stands beside me.

"You're really lucky you know", I say.

"I know, I just wish my mother hadn't pressured me to get married and all, anyway she's not gonna anymore", he says.

"Yeah I know", I say. "I'm sorry about that, if I had died when I was suppose to, you wouldn't".

"No don't say that! It's not awful, I guess it's just like this when you're a prince and a princess", Peeta says. "But don't ever say that it would be better if you died".

I actually like Peeta. He's sweet, he's cute, he's nice, he's kind. He's a good person, and I like that.

We watch as the sun goes down.

"This is actually my favorite color", he says. "Sunset orange".

I look more close at it. Yeah the color really is beautiful.

"Yeah it's beautiful", I say.

"Yeah, what's your favorite color?" He asks.

I look at him.

"Yeah I mean, if we're going to be friends we have to tell each other all the deep stuff", Peeta says.

I raise my eyebrow.

"Deep stuff?" I ask.

"Yeah, like the question I just asked, what's your favorite color?" Peeta says.

I shake my head.

"I'm sorry Peeta, now you've stepped over the line", I say.

Peeta laughs.

"Oh but come on seriously, what is it?" He asks.

"Green", I say.

I not used to tell people about me. I'm not used to talk to people at all for that matter, so when it comes to this stuff, I'm not sure how to handle it.

But maybe Peeta is a good start to learn how to talk and act around people, I mean he is going to be my husband.

Husband... Only a couple of weeks ago I was a prisoner in my own castles and now u have a fiancé.

"Yeah it's a great color", Peeta says.

Are we suppose to have children as well? I mean I think people will be expecting that since they need successor.

God I don't want children but I'm gonna have to get them... What is happening to me?

"Katniss, I just want you to know that everything is not ruined, we can have lots of fun, I mean we're friends right?" Peeta asks, and puts his hand on top of mine.

As soon as he's hand touches my hand, I feel electricity run through my whole body from my hand.

What the hell is that?

God this is scary. I've never felt anything like this before.

"Yeah no I know", I say.

He smiles at me.

I have to say though, he has the sweetest smile I've ever seen.

I don't think that this will be so terrible.

As the sun goes down it gets a bit dark.

"Good", Peeta smiles and wrap his arms around me in a hug.

As Peeta's strong but yet gentle arms wrap around me, I'm surrounded my warmth, and my whole body is full of electricity.

I hug him back.

This will turn out fine.

I hope so anyway.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hey guys :) I hope you liked the chapter :)

Please guys, go and vote on the chapters of my book The spirits savior, I'm in that competition the young writers prize so it would mean the world to me if you could go read and vote for it :) you'll find the book in my profile :)

Please vote and comment in this chapter as well :)

-Josephine xx