Chapter 19: Getting ready

Chapter 19

Katniss P.O.V.

So today is the ball. Steve, Elsa and Lyre can't be there though. They're going to stay in my room. Even though everyone here loves them, queen Meralla says thay maybe other people won't.

They don't mind though, they say that they don't want to go to the ball because human often is quick to judge wild animals. That's true though.

Queen Meralla ordered a ball dress for me, and for Posy.

Posy's is adorable. It's red with puffy arms and a fluffy skirt. It's really adorable. She has a pair of red patent shoes and a pair of red shiny gloves that covers her arm up to her elbows.

I don't know what my dress looks like. I haven't seen it yet.

It knocks on my door.

"Come in", I say.

Peeta comes in through the door.

"Your assistance are here now princess", he says mockingly.

"My assistance? What do you mean dear prince?" I shoot back.

He laughs and I just smirk:

"Mom have gotten you assistance, like I have, and Prim and her, she has also gotten you a stylist, a friend to my stylist Portia, he's name is Cinna, you're going to meet him later, first your assistance will fix your makeup and hair and stuff", Peeta says. "And I have to go because otherwise my assistance will freak".

And with that he leaves with the door open. After a few seconds three short and jumpy people bursts into the room.

"Princess Katniss!" They all sing at the same time as they bow so deep that their noses almost touches the floor.

Oh god what are they doing?

"Oh please, don't now, hello I'm pleased to meet you", I say.

"Did you hear that? She's pleased to meet me!" The boy shouts.

"No she's pleased to meet all of us Flavius!" The girl with golden tattoos instead of eyebrows says.

The other girl with green skin just stands and looks at me.

"You're so beautiful", she says.

I try not to blush, but I do. I don't handle compliments very well.

"Thanks", I mumble.

"Oh well dear, no come here and sit down", the boy, Flavius says and leads me to the chair.

"Oh my her hair!" One of the girls screams.

"Don't panic Venia, you can fix it", Flavius says.

"Yeah and what am I going to do about her nails?" The other girl says sour, then looks at me. "Don't ever chew your nails again princess, or else I will follow you with a nail file wherever you go, I'm gonna be like a patch!"

For some reason I believe her. So this is the day where I end chewing on my nails.

"I do that when I get nervous", I say as an excuse, and it's actually true, so I'm not lying.

"Well those days are now over, we've come to save your life", Venia says. "And Octavia, you can fix her

I narrow my eyes. Like I would die of chewed nails. My people are starving right this minute, and in here getting my nails done.

I just keep my mouth.

After what seems like an eternity, I'm starting to understand that these three little people will never stop talking. I don't think I like them too much. They're like three annoying pets.

This is really frustrating and all my energy is going to keep my mouth shut and not tell them off.

"Okay we're done!" Flavius exclaims.

Ugh finally.

"We're going to go and get Cinna for you now!" Octavia shouts.

And with that they run out of the room.

Ugh. I walk up and kick my bed.

"Urrrgghhh", I shout.

The door opens again and a man comes in.

"I can see that your assistance got the best of you", he says chuckles.

"Oh yeaahhh", I say sarcastically.

"They're harmless, but a bit annoying", Cinna says. "You'll get used to them".

"Oh I don't know", I say.

Cinna chuckles again.

"Well I have something to cheer you up with", he says.

This is where he takes up something.

"Okay close your eyes, so I can put it on you", he says.

"Okay", I say.

I close my eyes and feel how he puts something on my body.

Then he does something with my hair and it seems like he makes some small changes with my makeup.

"Okay open up", he says.

He spins me around so I can see a mirror.

Oh my.

I'm wearing a golden puffy dress. It shines and brings up my eye color. Oh how beautiful dress.

"I can't wear this dress", I mumble.

"Why not?" Cinna asks.

"It's too beautiful, I can't make it justice", I mumble.

"Yes you can princess, you're very beautiful, and you are going to wear this dress", Cinna says.

It's not even me in the mirror. It can't be me, I mean... How can it be? I'm not beautiful, the girl in the mirror is beautiful.

I feel like crying, but I can't because I'll just ruin the makeup.

I turn around towards Cinna.

"Thank you so much", I whisper.

"Only the best for you my princess", Cinna says.

I smile.

"Don't call me that, just call me Katniss", I say.

"Okay deal", Cinna says. "Katniss".

I giggle.

Hear trumpets. The ball has started.

"Time to go", Cinna says and leads me up to the door.

I take a deep breath. Yeah, and in this ball, queen Merallda is going to announce my and Peeta's not broken engagement.

I have to just stay calm.

I walk out of the room and walk down to the ball room.

"This is going to go fine", I whisper to myself.

If only I could believe it...

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hey guys :)

I hope you liked the chapter, I know that a lot of you wanted me to update this one, and now I have :)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you all thought of the chapter :)

-Josephine xx