Chapter 16: Awkward

Chapter 16

Katniss P.O.V.

The queen show us all to rooms we can sleep in during our visit here.

She said that she is going to help us, but her soldiers has to make up a plan.

I'm so tired. So when I get my room I just fall down in the surprisingly very soft bed.

Turns out that because I did not die, prince Peeta and I are still betrothed. I have to marry him. Oh god. I was still getting used to being free, now I'm trapped again.

Oh well, he's not ugly, not self-centered and not mean. But still, I would want to chose my own husband. But I can't, in stuck with the one my father chose for me.

Oh what an I gonna do?

"Katniss, are sad?" Elsa asks.

I sit up and she lays her head I'm my knee.

"Noo I'm not sad... I just, I have to marry this Peeta guy and I don't know him", I say.

"Well Katniss no one, not even the queen has said that you have to marry him today", Steve says, sitting down beside Elsa. "So don't freak out".

Well... That's true! The moose is smart.

"Yeah I know", I sigh. "Yeah you're right, I shouldn't freak out".

"No you shouldn't", Elsa says. "So stop hyperventilate".

I laugh and hug Elsa.

"Thanks guys, you're the best animals a girl can ask for", I say.

"Oh we know", Steve says.

The door opens and princess Prim comes into my room.

"Princess Katniss, do you like your room?" She asks.

"Yes princess Prim, I really, I've only slept in the floor my whole life", I try to joke but she just looks at me with big eyes.

"I'm so sorry", she says. "I can't understand how your life has been".

"Oh no no, don't feel sorry, I don't look back, I only see forward so I can see all of the positive things", I say.

"You're so strong", she says and smiles so big. "Are you sad because you have to marry Peeta? He's not so happy".

"Oh no honey I... What?" I say.

He's not happy? Am I ugly?

"Oh no it's not you, it's just... He have had the most awful fights with our mother because she has tried to force marry him with a girl for years", princess Prim says as she pets Elsa. "He just wants to chose his own bride, but now you're betrothed, so you have to get married".

Oh... Maybe we're alike after all. Ugh maybe I can learn to like him or something.

Princess Prim looks at me and smiles.

"You know, I for one can't see Peeta's problem, you're his age, you're smart, you're funny, you're tall and very beautiful", she says.

I feel my cheeks start to heat. I'm not beautiful. I'm not ugly, but I'm definitely not beautiful.

"I'm..."

"Yes you are", princess Prim says. "If Peeta has said something else, I'm going to kick his ass".

I laugh. She's so adorable.

"He hasn't said anything to me actually", I say.

"What?!" Prim says. "Wait here, come on Steve and Elsa".

Steve and Elsa follows her out.

Why did she tell me to wait? What is she up to? I hear son telling and then some loud footsteps.

My door is being pulled open.

"And you get in there and talk to you're future wife!" Prim shouts and push Peeta into my room.

The door slams behind him and he jumps.

He looks at me. I look at him.

God this is embarrassing.

"So..." I say.

"So..." He says.

"Hey".

"Hey".

Man this is awkward. I hope it won't be this way when we're married.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hey guys, I hope you liked ten chapter :)

Please tell me what you thought of the chapter, because I really want to know what you thought :)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you all thought if the chapter :)

-Josephine xx