Chapter 20: The ball

Chapter 20

Katniss P.O.V.

When I stop outside the doors, someone puts something on my head. A princess tiara.

I haven't had one of those since I was six I think.

As I go through the doors I stop.

The trumpets starts to sing again.

"Princess Katniss Everdeen!" The presenter yells through the room with everyone looking at me.

People are looking at me and staring, whispering... It makes me really very uncomfortable.

I see Peeta and queen Merallda with Prim, Post and the boys.

I walk up to them slowly and gracefully.

They are all staring at me.

"What?" I ask, looking at them.

They don't say anything.

"Okay I know that I don't look that great but..." I start.

"You're beautiful", Prim says in awe.

"Nooo..."

"Yes!" Everyone says.

"Can I get everyone's attention!" The queen says and it all get's quiet. "Seven years ago, our kingdom got the sad new that the princess of our neighbour kingdom had passed away, that was not true, she is very much alive and therefor her and my son is indeed still betrothed and will get married".

Peeta takes my hand and our fingers intertwine with each other. We both smile out over all the people who starts applauding.

The music starts.

Peeta leads me out onto the dance floor, in a ring of all the people who looks at us. Oh god, I can't dance.

I try to make my feet move in sync with Peeta's.

"I can't dance", I whisper in his ear.

He chuckles.

"Don't worry, I'll lead you through it", he says calmly.

And so he does. People around us starts dancing as well and soon everyone is dancing, so the pressure I felt flows off me and istead of dancing propertly, Peeta and I start go goof around as we dance.

He spins me and I take a hold of his shoulder as I stop, and laugh.

"See you can dance", Peeta says laughing.

"Yeah I guess so", I giggle.

Peeta make thinks easy, like dancing for example, I haven't had one single dance lesson since I was six years old, and I'm sure Peeta have gotten them his whole life, because he's mom is not a witch and he's a price. A very handsome one.

As we dance I let my eyes scan the room. Cato, Marvel, Blight and Thresh has found some girls to dance with, Finnick is now dancing with Posy and Gale is dancing with Prim.

I wonder why Gale isn't dancing with a girl in his age, I can see very many of them who isn't dancing with anyone, buthe choses to dance with little Prim istead. Does he already have a girlfriend? Is that why he won't dance with anyone else? I mean I know why Finnick isn't, but why isn't Gale? He could get any girl of he wanted to.

I see the smile on Finnick's lips, it's half hearted. I bet he misses Annie so much, especally now. I can see it in his eyes, he's hurting so much.

"What are you thinking of?" Peeta asks.

"Finnick", I sigh. "I feel so bad for him.

"Why?" Peeta asks.

"He hasn't told you about Annie?"

He shakes his head. That actually suprises me becasue those two has been getting along very well.

"Well he has a girlfriend named Annie", I start, back in my kingdom, she lives with his old grandmother Mags, she's ... she's mentally ill because she saw her family get beaten to death by the order of my evil stepmother. People are starving there and Finnick tried to get food by, taking it and not buying it becasue almost everyone is poor and no one can afford food, someone took him in the act and he had fo flee, he couldn't go back to Annie and his grandmother becasue then they would get killed as well, so he just fled".

"Oh my god", Peeta mumbles, looking at Finnick who is still dancing with little Posy. "Oh my god I had no idea, oh my god poor Finnick, poor your kingdom".

"Yeah, I just wish I had known before now", I say. "But how could I when I was a prisonar in my own castle?"

"You couldn't so do not blame yourself, okay Katniss?" Peeta says.

"Yeah okay", I say and lean my head against Peeta's neck and he holds me close.

I get this warm feeling again. Electricity is flowing through my veins and butterflies starts to fly around in my stomach. Oh my god, what is this? What is happening to me? I actually don't know, because I've never felt this way ever before.

Is it normal to feel like this?

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hey guys, finally an update, please tell me what you all thought of the chapter even though it was short and not good :)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you all thought :)

And please read the first chapter of my new book called What are the odds? It's another Everlark fanfic, and I hope you want to read it :)

-Josephine xx