Chapter 26: Kiss her

Chapter 26

Peeta's P.O.V.

My mother is driving me crazy! She's on me every single second about the wedding. She says she wants to have it as soon as possible.

Why? Why does she want to have the wedding as soon as possible? Isn't it enough to know that we have to?

At this point I don't really care that I have to marry Katniss. Honestly, I'd be happy to marry her. She has come to mean a lot to me now, and I do have strong feelings for her. But I still don't like it when my mother nags in me about it. She's nagging a whole in my head.

I drop down on a chair in the big dining room beside Finnick, who's already sitting there with Annie.

"What up man?" Finnick chuckles.

"Is there maybe a change I can hire you to kidnap my mother and keep her away until the wedding is over?" I ask irritated, looking at him.

Finnick laughs.

"I'm afraid I can not do that", he says.

"Ugh what am I going to do?" I whine and drop my head onto the table.

"Careful prince, you're going to hurt yourself", Annie says.

"Yeah, maybe I'll get a concussion and have to stay in bed until the wedding", I mutter into the table.

"Eh it could be worse", Finnick says.

"No!" I say.

"Yeah it could, someone could be ... Um, dying ... Or something", he says.

I start laughing and raise my head to look up at him.

"Oh that's all you have to come up with?" I ask.

"Eh?" He says and that only makes me laugh even more.

Okay I've really gone mad now. That wasn't even funny and yet I'm laughing my lungs out.

"Oh please", Gale says, coming into the dining room. "Peeta that wasn't even funny".

"I know", I laugh. "Trust me, I know it wasn't funny, I think I've just gone mad!"

"His mother won't leave him alone with this wedding talk", Finnick explains.

"Speaking of wedding", Gale says. "Where's the bride?"

I stop laughing. Now that's a question I can not answer. I really don't know where she is. I looked for her before coming in here.

"I don't know, I we're hoping she was here", I say.

"Oh, loosing her already are you?" Gale asks, chuckling.

"That's not even funny", I say sadly. "She said she wanted to go rest on her room".

"So why not go looking there?" Finnick asks.

"Because my mother said that she was going to go get her for dancing lessons or something but I can't find either one of my mother or Katniss", I say. "It's pretty nice to not hear her bag about the wedding but I'm getting suspicious, it's been almost half an hour".

"Hm..."

"Peeta!"

I turn around to see my little sister Prim. She comes running into the dining room. She's crying.

"Peeta you have to come", she says as she stops in front of me and starts pulling my arm. "Come on, come on! You have to come! Come on!"

I stand up.

"Wait Primrose! Calm down!" I say raising my voice. "What happened?"

"It's Katniss! Oh Peeta come on something terrible happened", she cries and starts pulling my arm again.