Chapter 8: At one point

Chapter 8

Katniss P.O.V.

"No I promise she'll be fine Gale", I say. "Just go to work, I'll take care of her".

"Are you sure? Because I can take her with me if..."

"No I'm sure", I say.

Gale and the other boys are going to work. They're woodcutter. They like take down a tree and then cut it into small small pieces.

Gale told me that Posy is usually sitting behind and watch because she's too young to be home alone.

Posy comes into the room riding onto Lyre's back.

"I'm fine here with princess Katniss, and Elsa, Steve, Howard, Lyre and everyone else", she says.

She hugs Lyre. And Posy is actually getting along with Howard. That's good, because I really don't.

Steve is the moose. And he's Lyre's dad. Elsa and him feel overprotective over Posy, like she's their own. And Lyre even told me and Posy, he sees her as his sister. They're so cute together.

"Well, okay then", Gale says. "Just... Yeah okay".

"Gale I understand that you are worried, this is the first time ever you let her go out of your sight", I say. "But she's going to be okay, I promise. And you Posy don't call me princess Katniss".

"But you are", she says.

Gale laughs. She's so cute when she says things like it's so obvious that everyone should know.

"I am, and so will you be when we've put this mess into order again", I say. "You and your brother will be prince and princess in the kingdom, I'll be the queen in a year, you'll live with me in the castle".

"The boys too?" She asks.

"The boys too, but unfortunately I can't give them the titles of princes", I say. "And yeah the animals to. Even Howard". I spit out the last I said.

"Oh well thank you so much for that, I can feel the love", Howard says flying onto the bookshelf.

I give him the evil eye. Stupid owl.

Posy just laughs and I mutter:

"Don't be a bitch Howard".

Gale looks at me and I just shake my head.

"Look who's talking", Howard says slyly.

"That's it Owl!" I hiss and take a leap over to him.

But I don't get it that far. Steve catches me so I just land on his back. And the moose saves the owl again.

"Steeeve!" I whine. "Not again!"

"Then stop attacking Howard", Steve laughs.

"I can't promise that", I mutter.

Gale just laughs. This must have looked really funny from his point of view. but it wasn't funny for me, so I just get annoyed.

"Yeah yeah, very funny, just go out to the wood with the others will you!" I say.

"Fine, bye Posy", he says and hugs her. Then he ruffle Lyre between the ears. "Bye Lyre. And bye everyone, now don't let Katniss kill Howard okay?"

They start to laugh.

"Oh they won't trust me, because if they did, he would be long gone by now", I say.

"Oh that makes me feel so safe", Howard says from his place on top of the shelf.

"Oh shut it Howard", I mutter.

Gale just laughs and laughs as he walks out of the house.

Lyre runs around slowly with a laughing Posy on his back.

"No Lyre, not in here, go out if you want to play", I say.

"Okay Katniss", Lyre says.

Lyre runs out and Posy's laugh fades a bit, but I can still here her laugh.

"Steve go out and keep an eye on them will you?" I say.

"Yeah if course", he says.

"I can help with lunch", Elsa offers.

"Great!" I say and start making the lunch.

A week ago I would never have believed someone if they told me they could talk to animals, let alone cook lunch with them.

But right now it feels naturally to do so. It's a part of me, and now that I know it is, it feels like a part of me that have been missing, is starting to make me whole. But a part of me is always going to be missing. Because I don't know my mother, or my father, and therefor I'll never be hole inside of me.

Elsa helps me with the lunch and done faster.

As I finish the lunch I walk outside.

"Lyre! Posy! It's lunch", I call.

"Yeyeyeyey!" They both shouts and runs inside.

Steve laughs and walks in.

It's fun to live like this.

But as I told Posy. At one point, we will have to fight for what's right. And we will have to take back the kingdom. We have to defeat the evil queen.

But how? And when?

Those questions have yet to be answered.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hey guys, I'm back :)

I'm still not good, but I'm gonna update anyway, I don't care if in stressed, I'll deal with it :)

Anyways, what did you think about the chapter? Was it horrible?

Please vote and comment to tell me what you thought about this chapter :)

-Josephine xx