Chapter 17: Friends

Chapter 17

Katniss P.O.V.

Prince Peeta and I just stare at each other. Neither one of us says anything. I just sit here on my bed and Peeta just stands on the spot he got pushed to.

He does have really beautiful eyes. Yeah so blue. Clear and ocean blue eyes.

"I don't hear you talking!" Princess Prim shouts strictly from outside the door.

I hold back my laugh.

"We can just babble until she's gone", Peeta sighs.

"I heard that Peeta!" Princess Prim shouts.

"Sorry!" He says and this time I can't hold back my laugh.

I don't know what it is, but when I start laughing, prince Peeta does as well.

I stand up and give the prince a deep curtsy.

"What are you doing?" He asks surprised.

"What do you think?" I ask.

"You don't have to do that, you're a princess remember", he smiles.

"Right", I say and straighten. "Right I forget sometimes".

H gives me a glance I can't read. What is he thinking? I wish I knew.

"Why'd you stop talking?" Princess Prim's voice shout from outside.

Prince Peeta sighs again.

"Don't think I can't hear you mister!" She says sternly.

Oh I love this little girl. She's so funny.

"I'm sorry your highness, but we're doing just fine in here, go and play with the deer you love so much", prince Peeta says and I just laugh again as I sit down on the edge of the bed again.

"Fine then", princess Prim says cocky.

Prince Peeta walks up to me.

"May I?" He asks looking at the bed.

"Sure", I say and he sits down beside me.

"Look princess, try not to hate me just because you have to marry me okay?" He says.

I look at him. Hate him? He thinks I hate him?

"I don't hate you", I say. "Why would you think that?"

"Well you haven't said a word to me", he says.

"Neither have you", I point out.

"Right... Okay anyway, maybe we should try to just be friends and do this together?" He asks and reach me his head.

I take it.

Immediately when his skin touches my skin I feel electricity flow from my hand to the rest of my body.

"Yeah", I say. "We can be friends".

Prince Peeta smiles and so do I.

"Good", we both say at the same time, causing us both to laugh.

If I had just stayed away for here, Peeta could still try to marry the girl he really want to marry. He don't want to marry me, he's forced to marry me. I don't want to marry him.

We are both only seventeen years old. We don't know each other. We are suppose to get to know each other now, before the attack on my castle and then we are suppose to get married.

It's like a deadline to get to know someone. How can you get to know someone on a deadline?

I really don't know what to do or say. But as prince Peeta said, we should do this together. It wouldn't help to work against each other.

I guess that became betrothed to unite our two kingdoms, make it one big kingdom.

What ever it was, it would have been something different if prince Peeta and I knew each other. For right now we're only strangers.

We look each other in the eyes. I don't know what it is with us, but we seem to always look each other into the other once eyes. We can't keep our eyes from each other. What's up with that? Yet I don't look away.

The door bursts open and princessPrim jump in.

"Ooopsss so I got worried when you got all quiet again", she says.

"Have you been standing outside the dork all this time?" I ask.

"Yep".

"Even though I told you to go?" Peeta asks.

"Yep".

"And you've been listening?" I ask.

"At everything we said?" Prince Peeta asks.

Princess Prim sighs frustrated.

"What is that you two don't understand? Yes I've been there all along, god you two are just as thick headed and deserve each other!" And then she walks out.

Okay... She's mr afraid to say what's on her mind.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hey guys, I hope you all liked the chapter :)

Who here loves Prim? I do!

Please vote and comment to tell me what you all thought about this chapter :)

And also I have a new book, but I'm writing it together with my friend @TheDauntlessVictor12 and the book is in her accout, it's called Much worse games to play, two chapter is already up and it would mean alot to both of us id you guys could go and read it, follow her and read her other books becasue they're really good, promise :)

-Josephine xx