Chapter 5: A silly fight

Chapter 5

Katniss P.O.V.

As I open my eyes, I'm meet a warm sweet sunlight.

I sit up and look around. It feels like I'm in a forest from fairytales. It's a cozy forest and I don't feel afraid anymore.

I hear something in one of the bushes.

"Who's there?" I ask afraid.

And then I see who it is.

A sweet cute rabbit. He's so cute.

It slowly jumps up to me. I pick it up and pet it and it seem to like it.

Suddenly I'm surrounded by animals. They don't seem dangerous. Not at all. They all seen so sweet.

The squirrels are so cute. They're like so small and shy but when they come up to me, they bury down in my dress and one of them actually fell asleep.

But I see that the sun is going down soon.

"I really need to find somewhere to sleep tonight", I mumble.

I don't know how. But somehow the animals seem to understand what I just said.

They start to walk away. They look after me and it seems like they want me to follow them.

"Wow can I talk to animals?" I ask.

"Yes my dear you can".

I scream when I see the owl talk to me. He sounded like a hundred year old man.

The owl talk? Oh god. I'm mentally ill. The owl can't have talked just now. No, he's an owl for god's sake.

"Okay you did not just talk, right?" I ask, looking at it. Oh my god, I really am mentally ill.

"Yes. I did talk. Stop freaking out", the owl answers me.

But I do. I scream again. What the hell? The owl can talk.

"Animals can't talk", I point out.

"No. Other humans who would walk by wouldn't hear words from me. But you Katniss, you can", the owl says.

I scream again. I just can't believe that the owl is actually talking to me.

Okay. What's really happening? I don't understand.

"Don't scream Katniss", I hear a small voice say.

I look down. The rabbit.

I jump. It talks as well? What is this?

"Okay what's happening?" I ask.

"I can explain if you don't scream again", the owl says sour.

I made an owl angry? Oh god. I can't believe I just thought that .

"O-okay", I say.

"Well, it's not more complicated than to say that you have a gift, a gift you got from you mother, she as well could talk to animals", the owl says. "Other people who would walk by us right now, would only hear you talk and not me".

A gift? My mother could talk to animals as well?

"O-okay, I... Oh okay I'm sorry I screamed, but you have to understand that I didn't know this", I say.

"Oh we do, it was just annoying hearing you scream", a deer says.

I'm about to scream again. But I hold the scream back. I don't want to scream again.

Oh god. I can talk to animals.

"Okay, no more screaming", I say and pick up the rabbit who's at my feet.