Chapter 10: The letter

Chapter 10

Katniss P.O.V.

"Madge,

I send you this with my trust wordy but also the most annoying owl, (don't ask, it's a long story).

The only thing you need to know now is that I'm alive and I'm safe for now. The evil queen ordered my death for real this time about two months ago, but the huntsman let me go and I ran to hide in the woods but found a house where six people (five boys and a little girl) lives, they used to live in the village but they escaped and two if them is my cousins, can you even imagine?

Anyway, I'm sending you this letter to let you know that I'm going to do what ever it takes to bring down the wicked queen and to help my people, I've failed them all this time, and I'm not gonna anymore because you and they need me.

I'm going to the other kingdom beyond the mountains to seek help in queen Merallda, it's gonna be a long way to go, but I'm gonna do what ever it takes.

If you know people who you are sure would never ever betray you, maybe you can find rebels who are willing to fight for a better life. I know you are and you're my best friend and I miss you so much, and I am going to make a better life for you, even if I have to die for it to happen.

I hope to see you again someday when it's time for the rebellion to take place.

Bye,

Katniss".

I fold the paper and roll it. I walk back outside where the others are waiting for me.

"Here", I say and give the paper to Howard.

"How do I know which girl to deliver this to?" He asks.

"Well she's my age, seventeen, and she have blonde hair and blue eyes, she have a light blue and very dirt dress, and her hair is set up with a dirty light blue ribbon", I say. "And it's important that you find the right girl, if this letter gets into the wrong hands and my evil stepmother hears about this, she'll know that I'm not dead and where I'm going and then we're completely screwed up".

"Okay got it, anything else that can make me recognize her?" Howard asks and leave gales shoulder.

"Well... She might be with a man named Haymitch, so if you hear a girl with a blue ribbon in my age call someone Haymitch, that's her", I say.

"Okay, I'm gonna try to catch up with you guys after I've delivered this very important letter of yours", he says mockingly but still with a serious tone.

Howard flies away.

"Wait us?" I ask.

"You don't think we're gonna let you go alone do you?" Gale asks.

"Um yes?" I say.

"No way!" Cato says. "I'm ready to fight!"

"Sorry to disappoint you, but we're not fighting right now", I say.

"Oh well", Cato says and shrug his shoulders. "We're going to try to find help and that's always something".

"You don't have to come with", I say. "Posy is to little, she'll get too tired out of walking".

"No I won't, I'll sit on Lyre's back the whole time I swear, please let me come with", she says.

"Yeah she'll sit on my back, she onto get tired", Lyre says.

"Is it that important for everyone to come with?" I ask.

"Yes!" Everyone says all at the same time.

I sigh. I have a feeling that they won't give in. Especially not Gale and Posy. It feels like they are just as stubborn as I am.

"Ooh alright", I finally give in.

"Yes!" They all shout again as they all throw one fist up in the air.

I start to laugh.

"Okay but we have to move now, because every second we're here, my people suffer and suffer", I say.

We pack food and water, before we leave the little house behind us as we start to walk towards the big mountains.

We're completely surrounded by trees, leaves and wild animals. I see the animals who first came to me when I go lost in the woods as pets and not wild animals, even if they are.

Only Elsa, Steve and Lyre came with us, blue told the squirrels, the bunnies, the birds and all the other animals to stay, I mean hey, we can't come barging into the other kingdoms with a over twenty wild animals. That would just lock weird, so no, they stayed at the house.

This is going to be a long hike, I don't know how long, but at least a week, I mean we're on foot, and queen Merallda's kingdom is way beyond the mountains, it's not like we can make that distance in one day, right?

I wonder how queen Merallda is going to react when she sees us. I mean first of all; she thinks I'm dead, and so does her son, my ex fiancé, oh god that sounds wrong, but that's exactly what he is, I was betrothed to him and then I wasn't anymore, so he's my ex fiancé. Maybe queen Merallda wants me to be engaged with him again, maybe that will be her one condition to help my kingdom. Oh I hope not... I don't even know what the guy look like, what if he's really ugly and like is arrogant and a bully and thinks he's better then everyone else and don't care about anyone but himself and he's looks or ego. Eww I really hate that.

But I think queen Merallda will be kind and help me with no conditions when she sees that I'm alive and I'm desperately seeks her help.

Let's just hope so.

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Hey guys, two updates on the same book in two days, not bad huh? ;)

Anyway what did you think? Did you like it? :)

Please vote and comment to tell me what you all thought :)

-Josephine xx