Chapter 3: Princess and the Peasant

You didn't know what was going on.

You didn't know why you felt hot all of a sudden.

Or why your heart was ramming against your chest.

You hoped that Jimin wouldn't feel your heartbeat against his back, or hear it, fearing that it was too loud.

"So," Jimin speaks, snapping you out of your thoughts as you glance at his side profile, "Which way do we go, princess?"

You blink in utter shock, comprehending what he had just called you.

Usually, if it was someone else, you'd be squaring up right now, ready to send the person underground who dared to call you princess.

But, Jimin had rendered you speechless, your mind a jumbled mess as you try to form a coherent sentence.

But also because you couldn't actually do much since Jimin has to carry you home due to your burnt feet.

Did I mention hands?

You barely even focused on what he asked, only shining the spotlight on the nickname he had given you within a few hours of knowing you.

Barely knowing you.

You scarcely manage to let out a sentence, your voice low, "I'm not a princess. And I'm definitely not your princess."

Jimin snickers, "Well, for one: You are a princess since I have to carry you to your home. Well, a castle in this case. And two: I never said you were my princess. Unless you wanna be."

He glances back, a smirk tugging at the corners of his lips. A blush immediately crawls up to your cheeks at the mere thought.

My princess.

Something fluttered in your stomach, but you tried your best to ignore it.

I am not having my walls broken. Park Jimin, you are going down.

If you were going to be a monarch, might as well play the part. You clear your throat, "No, peasant. I am certainly not your princess."

Jimin's eyes widened a fraction.

"Peasant?" He repeats in disbelief, "Do I look like a peasant to you?"

"You're carrying me on your back, and taking me back to my humble abode," you state, leaning in closer to say the last part, "You are a peasant."

He scoffs, mumbling under his breath, but you heard it, "How dare."

You smile to yourself in victory.

Take that, Park Jimin.

"That way," you point towards the park, returning to your original position, your arms wrapped around Jimin's neck.

He huffed holding on to your legs tight before walking in the direction you had pointed towards.

"Stop smiling like that, people will faint because of it," he mutters, loud enough for you to hear.

"Did the peasant just tell the princess what to do?" You click your tongue in disbelief, shaking your head.

"Does the princess want to walk home?" He threatens, pretending to drop you as a beam spreads across his face.

You hold on to his neck for dear life, because your life did depend on it.

You start complaining, "You started the whole princess thing. You asked for it."

He holds on tighter again, resuming the walk through the park. You pout slightly, boring holes at the side of his face for a moment or two, before resting your head against his shoulders.