Chapter 16: Girlfriend?

After applying a cool compress to Jimin's forehead, you sat down on the couch opposite to where Jimin was currently laying.

You let out a sigh, relaxing into the seat as you gazed at Jimin's sleeping form. His eyebrows were furrowed together as he panted lightly.

Was he having a bad dream?

"No... Please.. don't leave."

Just then, the sound of the doorbell ringing pierced the silence that had settled in the atmosphere, making your head snap up to the sudden noise.

You rush towards the door, your fingers circling the cool metal of the knob as you pull the door open.

Squinting your eyes at the sudden exposure of brightness outside, your vision gradually settles, focusing on the figures that stood in front of you.

"Y/N?" A deep, masculine voice suddenly speaks up, pushing past the bodies to stand in front of you.

"Taehyung?" You question, your eyes glancing over the other four forms you recognized to be Hoseok, Jin, Yoongi, and Namjoon.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned, his sight eyeing your wrist that was wrapped up in white cloth, "What happened? What's this? Did Jimin do this?"

You pull your hand away from his grasp, chuckling sheepishly, "No, no, Jimin didn't do anything. It's a long story really, but I stayed over the night. He's sleeping on the couch since he's got a sudden fever."

"Fever?!" The others shriek in unison, pushing past Taehyung and you, tumbling over one another as they rushed towards the living room.

Questioning their actions, you follow in pursuit, leaning against the wall as you watch them crowding around Jimin.

They started taking care of him, Hoseok replacing the cloth of cold water you had placed over Jimin's forehead to bring down his temperature, all the while being close to tears at the point.

You giggle at their actions, sighing as you watch through their actions the amount of love they held for each other.

And from the word of one of them being sick, the rest would rush over like a stampede, crushing anyone in their path.

It was cute friendship they had built, and you admired that about them.

"Ahem," at the sound of someone clearing their throat, you look back at Taehyung who had his eyes trained on you.

"Where is he?!" A voice shrieks from the front door, footsteps rushing up the stairs as Hyerim came in to view.

You rolled your eyes, groaning mentally as you avert your eyes back to the others nursing the sick boy.

Hyerim pushed past you, but before she could get anywhere near Jimin, Yoongi stepped in front of her, "Where do you think you're going?"

"To see Jimin. Now move," her voice stern as she stared at Yoongi.

He smirked, scoffing in disbelief before glowering at the petite figure in front of him, "No. Jimin has told you countless times he does not like you, he doesn't want a relationship with you. So why do you keep following after him? Stop being creepy and get back to your sad life. If you bother my Jiminie again, bad things will come your way."

A sob breaks out as she dashed out of the house.

"Yah," Hoseok called out, "You didn't have to be that harsh."

"People like her have to receive their own treatment," he replies before turning his attention back to the sick boy who was now awake and demanding attention.

Typical Jimin.

You smile before Taehyung drags youinto the kitchen.

You knit your eyebrows together in confusion, "What's wrong?"

He runs his fingers through his ginger hair, pointing towards your wrist that was bandaged up, "What's wrong with you? How did you hurt your wrist?"

You sigh as memories of last night flooded in to your thoughts, "Some drunkards messing around in the park. Thankfully, Jimin came at the right time, otherwise who knows what would've happened."

Taehyung's eyes didn't leave your form for a few moments and you shifted, growing slightly uncomfortable because of it.

He cleared his throat, the tips of his fingers grazing the edges of the white cloth around your wrist, "Are you okay?"

You nod, "I'm fine, thankful for Jimin though."

His jaw clenched slightly, a certain fire building in his eyes at the mention of Jimin, but you hadn't noticed this as your eyes were on Taehyung's hands that were encircling your wrist.

"I wanted to ask you something," he continues in a husky voice, causing you to look up at him in confusion at the sudden demeanor change, "I know you just broke up with Jimin and all. But, I like you, Y/N. It's been a while now since these feelings for you have grown, and I was wondering if maybe you'd consider going out with me?"

You blink, not being able to comprehend the words that had just flowed out of Taehyung's mouth, "As in your girlfriend?"

"Girlfriend?" A voice called out from behind, causing the both of you to turn.

Jimin stood at the entrance to the kitchen, disbelief painted across his face as he glared at the orange-head boy behind you, who was smirking at the sick boy.

But you didn't realize what was going on between the two, your eyes only trained on Jimin who seemed paler than usual.

He looked as if he could barely stand up properly.

"Can I talk to you for a minute, Y/N?" His eyes shift to you, "Alone?"

You open and close your mouth, resorting to just following him to a little room located under the stairs.

He locked the door, immediately shifting close to you as his eyes glistened under the light that hung above.

"Are you his girlfriend?" He asks, his voice breaking slightly.

You shake your head, "I never answered his question. You came before then."

He sighed, "Don't date him."

"Why?" You question.

"Because," he trails off, "He's not a good person, Y/N. This is all just an act, he may seem all good and everything, but he's something dark inside. He will only hurt you."

"What?" Disbelief was laced in your voice as you take a step back, your back hitting the wall.

"It's true, he's not worthy of you," Jimin continues causing you to look up at him.

"And you are?"

Jimin seemed taken aback at your sudden question, "What do you mean?"

"You kissed that Hyerim god-knows how many times, broke my heart, claimed to have liked me only to continue betraying me, then you cheated on me, and for what? Just to get back with the same person you had told me not to worry about," you spat.

"Y/N, I told you, I was doing that for you. For your own protec-"

"No," you hold your hand up in the air, cutting Jimin off before he could finish his sentence, "Look, Jimin. I'm grateful for you saving me yesterday, truly. But I can't continue like this. You keep telling me about this so called plan, but can't tell me the details. You expect me to trust you, yet you're actions just make me doubt you more. What is going on?"

Jimin stayed quiet, his mouth opening and closing as he tried to form a sentence to say to you, to explain, but he couldn't and so he fixed his gaze to the ground.

You scoff, "Okay." And with that, you unlocked the door, walking away.

Jimin was left dumbfounded as he heard something shattering in his ear, his heart tugging painfully inside his chest at your words.

I still like you, Y/N.

. . .

Edited