Chapter 6: Crushing

Throughout the rest of the day, you were on edge. Tzuyu's words were resonating in your thoughts continuously.

You are crushing.

Did you really start developing feelings for him?

I mean, I've barely known him for a day. I can't be crushing on him.

Right?

You were unsure of your feelings yourself. He did make your heart flutter, and blush. And, it was like your feet weren't even touching the ground.

Dang, what am I doing?

You were afraid of your thoughts being conveyed into actual words that would slip through your lips.

And that Jimin might overhear.

You glance over, almost falling out of your seat as he was staring right back at you.

Oh God, please don't tell me I was thinking out loud.

He opened his mouth, and you closed your eyes shut, waiting for him to ask about your thoughts, "Are you okay?"

Wait what?

Slowly opening both eyes only to see Jimin's face filled with worry.

You slowly nod, adjusting yourself on your seat, "I'm good. Why do you ask?"

"It's just your face is really red, and you seem to be having difficulty paying attention," he clarifies.

You mentally breathe a sigh of relief.

Thank goodness, I wasn't thinking out loud.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just feel warm. Is it me or is the room suddenly really hot?" You fan your face with both hands, making Jimin lightly chuckle as he continues doing his work.

*Insert keyboard smash as jumbled up thoughts in my brain*

. . .

Absentmindedly, you place your belongings into your bag as the bell rings.

Slinging your bag on to your shoulders, you walk out the door, unable to hear your name being called out by the same boy who had been occupying your thoughts.

You thought about how perfect your life was before you developed these feelings.

Note the sarcasm.

What is it with feelings? Like one minute you're in the clouds, then the next you're dumped into a black hole.

Still trying to figure out your thoughts, you hadn't realized you were about to cross the road with a car coming ahead.

Suddenly, you were yanked away. Letting out a small gasp, you lost your balance but your body crashed into another, a hand resting at the small of your back.

You look up, meeting his dark gaze. There was no softness in them, he was dead serious.

"What is wrong with you, Y/N?" He panted, "Where is your head? Did you not see the car coming?"

Your mouth felt dry as you failed to give a response.

"You could've died," he whispered delicately as his gaze softened.

"I'm sorry," you manage to let out, his eyes never leaving yours.

He smiles slightly before intertwining his fingers with yours as he leads you to the park.

Once you were in, his fingers travel down to your hip, once again. You let out sigh, trying not to blush but ultimately failing.

For a while, the two of you walk in silence. The birds chirped, and the breeze gently raked through branches.