Chapter 22: Jimin

Feeling something lightly tickling his arm, Jimin opened his eyes slowly, letting them get used to every ray of light pouring.

He scans the unfamiliar room he was in; a plain room devoid of any colour except for the singular painting that hung on the white wall, streaks of pink, purple, and blue painted across the canvas.

Sighing as he couldn't spot something interesting, he looks down to his side only to find a girl sleeping with her head resting on his arm.

Her breath fanned the exposed skin which is what was tickling him.

The corners of his lips turned upwards as he gazed at the sleeping girl.

Her pouted pink lips looked so kissable right now, a few loose strands of hair strewn across her face. She looked so pretty and peaceful while sleeping.

He tried hard to think who the unknown girl was.

Maybe she was a friend or relative, otherwise why would she be here, sleeping on my arm?

As he tried thinking, a sudden sharp pain pierced through his head causing him to hiss, furrowing his eyebrows as he clutched the side of his head with his free hand.

Jimin focused on his breathing as he lightly rubs the back of his head to ease down the pain, which it did.

A few more moments go by and Jimin reaches over, tucking the loose strands of hair behind your ear.

He cupped the side of your face, lightly rubbing his thumb over the band-aid on your cheek. Jimin bit his bottom lip as he wondered how you received your injuries.

This made him think as to why he was wrapped up in bandages in a hospital room.

What happened?

Your eyes suddenly opened causing the raven-haired boy to jump in the bed he was in, a gasp leaving his mouth at your sudden awakening.

You sigh, stretching as you sit up straight. Your eyes lazily wandered to meet the boy's gaze, gradually widening as you realize that he was awake.

"Jimin," you breathe out a sigh of relief as tears threatened to brim.

The corners of his lips tug upward somewhat hesitantly as he speaks, "Hi."

"A-Are you alright? Are you in pain?"

"I'm okay, I don't feel much pain except from earlier, I was trying to think about who you were but it hurt my head to do so," he clarifies, clutching the side of his head for a moment before returning his hands to rest beside his form on the bed.

The doctor's words suddenly resonated in your head and you release a shaky breath as you proceed to ask, "You... You don't remember who I-I am?"

He purses his lips, shaking his head, "No, can you tell me?"

The sound of a crack echoes in your ear as you fight back your tears, smiling painfully, "I'm a friend of yours.. A close friend. Y/N."

The raven-haired boy beams, "Hi Y/N. I'm sorry that I don't remember you. How did I end up in the hospital with all these injuries?"

You gulp, sniffling as you proceed to explain, "We were hanging out, and while crossing the road, a car came out of nowhere and hit us. The accident impacted your brain the most, and well, the doctors said because of it you'll have short term memory loss."

Jimin head hangs low at the new information suddenly being processed in his head, his bottom lip slightly protuded.

A small smile breaks out from within you as wonder how he can be so cute, "Not to worry though."

His head snaps up at your voice as you continue to lighten the mood, "We'll get your memory back in no time."

"Really?"

His eyes twinkle in anticipation and you nod, causing a bright smile to paint itself on the boy's lips, "I'll do my best to remember you, Y/N."

"I know you will," you mumble slightly, intertwining your fingers with Jimin's.

The raven-haired boy felt a little tug at his heart as something flutters around in his stomach.

It seemed as if the world stopped revolving for a moment as a sudden vision clouded Jimin's eyes.

A bright, sunny day, with a few clouds hanging in vast blue expanse. Birds chirping in nearby trees as a cool breeze raked through branches, flowing through the air.

Soft, pink petals fell down from the cherry blossom tree Jimin and you were under. You lay on Jimin's thigh, giggling up at him as he smiled down at you, fingers gently caressing your cheek.

"Jimin?" You call out causing said boy to snap out of the moment he was in.

He blinked a few times, trying to process what had just happened.

What was that?

Why did it seem so real?

Is it a memory?

His eyes land on you, seeing your own eyes were filled with concern and worry, your eyebrows furrowed as you await an answer.

He pauses for a moment for speaking, "Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just kind of spaced out."

You nod in response.

The door suddenly opens, revealing four boys talking over one another as they tumble into the room.

"Jimin!" They shout in unison, running towards the boy. You slip out of your seat and stand beside the couch to avoid getting stamped over as the boys reach Jimin's bedside.

"Do you remember me?" They ask, eyes widened with eagerness, a big smile gracing their lips as they await his response.

The raven-haired boy laughs, throwing his head back slightly at their actions, "Yes. Namjoon, Yoongi, Hoseok, and Seokjin."

His answer causes all four bodies to smack Jimin's arm, causing him to groan in pain, "That's hyung to you, bro."

Jimin pouts, grumbling something under his breath before he was enveloped into a tight group hug.

You smile at the scene before you, watching their special friendship unfold before you.

Sighing, you walk towards the door, but halt in your actions as your eyes land on the figure leaning against the doorframe, arms folded across his chest.

Anger begins to rile up in your chest, as the familiar ginger-head flashes a small, sad smile your way.

"Can I talk you in private?" He asks, standing upright as he scratches the back of his head awkwardly.

"Yes, because I think you owe me a proper explanation," you speak through gritted teeth.

Taehyung knew very well that he owed you one, and an apology.

To you and Jimin.

He almost killed his best friend, and only then did he realize that he was going down the wrong path.

. . .

Edited

A/N: And here you go guys, from here there will be, I believe, one new scene added in.

Not quite sure, but I'll go with the flow, see what happens lol. Don't forget to click the little star in the bottom left corner, and comment your thoughts.

Anyways, I'm heading off to sleep. Good morning/afternoon/evening/night to you all. Hope you all have/had a great day! I'm out!

- Nabi