Chapter 20: Accident

You groan, shivering as you tug the blanket above your body.

The temperature had suddenly dropped a few minutes ago, which you weren't expecting.

Maybe it was just early in the morning.

Your eyes open for a split second, glancing at the window of your room, before closing again to return to your slumber.

Your body jolts upright in your bed, your eyes widening as they land on the window which is now wide open, allowing the cool air to invade the warmth of your room.

You shift out of bed, walking towards the window as you glance outside to see if anything was off before closing it.

Your eyes then scan your room to see if anything was misplaced or missing.

Nope, everything seemed normal.

Reluctantly, you head back into bed to continue your sleep that was disturbed.

Just as your eyes closed, something grabbed on to your ankles, pulling at it harshly, causing a shriek to escape your throat as you held on to your blanket for dear life.

As if a blanket would protect you from any entity.

You pry your eyes open, panting heavily only to find a familiar raven-haired boy rolling around on the floor, clutching his stomach as laughter erupted from within him.

An inaudible gasp left your lips as you realize this was Jimin's doing.

You throw the blanket to the other side of your bed, kneeling down next to said boy who was still laughing, his eyes invisible now as he wiped tears that feel from laughing too hard.

And then, you proceed to smack his form continuously, "How dare you! You know how scared I was? I thought it was a burglar or a demon!"

Jimin calms down slightly, lying down on the ground as a few giggles escaped here and there and you stopped your actions to burn holes in his face.

"No one's gonna hurt you as long as I'm there. I won't let them," he smiles, gazing at you softly as he brings a hand up to cup the side of your face, rubbing his thumb gently against the surface of your cheek.

Warmth immediately filled your cheeks at his actions as you were left dumbfounded.

One moment he was pranking you, the next he's acting all lovey-dovey.

You can never seem to get the duality of this man.

"Y-Yah," you manage to let out, swatting his hand away before your heart could start pumping rapidly, "Why are you here?"

He placed a hand over his chest, pretending to look offended, "Ouch, am I not allowed to spend some quality time with you?"

You raise your eyebrows and he sighs, "Fine. I wanted to make sure you were safe."

Your eyes soften, your body relaxing as he continues, "Taehyung's warning seemed kinda genuine, and I was afraid he'd come to you, so I came. To keep you safe."

"Jimin," you whisper, causing him to look up at you, a pursed smile painting itself across his lips.

He sits up straight, moving close to you before slipping his fingers under your thighs, lifting you on to his lap.

A yelp left your mouth at the action as he encircles his arms around your waist, pushing his chest against yours, his face dangerously close to your own as his warm breath fans your lips.

"Jimin," your eyes glossing over the beautiful features on his face as you whisper once again, fearing that speaking loudly would break the tension building up in the atmosphere.