Chapter 13: "Ghost"

You felt empty, cold, and numb.

Having no strength to move, you resorted to laying as still as a body on your bed, your eyes scanning your ceiling as you wished it could've been the stars.

The time painfully, and slowly ticked towards 3 a.m., your mum was asleep and Taehyung had left a few hours ago.

Your ears suddenly perked up at the sound of someone shuffling around outside.

Your heart hammered in your chest as your breathing became uneven.

You tried convincing yourself that it was probably just the wind or a cat roaming around. You turn around so your back was facing the window of your room.

As soon as you close your eyes to get some sleep, the shuffling noise returns, this time more prominent.

And the next thing you know, the sound of your bedroom window opening slowly rang through the air, as if not to wake anyone.

But you were awake, and you were fully aware of what was happening.

You curse yourself for not locking the window.

Because of your stupidity, you were now about to get robbed and possibly die.

Footsteps entered your room, nearing your bed before stopping right beside it.

You almost let out a whimper, feeling your bed sink, signalling that whoever entered your room was now sitting on your bed.

This is it.

This is how I'm gonna die.

But I'm not going down without a fight.

You let out a shriek, grabbing a pillow and swinging it around as you leap out of your bed somewhere in your room.

It was dark, you could barely see anything.

But you had your so-called weapon to protect you from whoever was in your room.

Maybe it was a ghost, coming back to avenge their death or something.

Your thoughts got the better of you as you settled on the idea of a ghost.

As soon as you turned the other way to swing your weapon, a hand grasped your wrist, stopping you from using your weapon as your hand fell limply to your side.

Oh my God, I don't want to be killed by a ghost.

You let out gasp, hands finding their way towards your waist, pulling you closer as the so-called ghost buried their face in the crook of your neck.

It wasn't a ghost.

No.

It was him.

He lifted his face up, his lips touching your ear as he started singing in a low, broken voice, "Will you stay by my side? Will you promise me? If I let go of your hand, you'll fly away and break. I'm scared, scared, scared of that."

You didn't move, your hands trained at your sides as he whispered, "I'm sorry, Y/N. I really am sorry. But you have to understand that there is a reason why I did it. A reason so big that if I tell you, someone is gonna get hurt. And I don't want to risk you getting hurt, so I had to do it. I have to follow his plan, otherwise something bad will happen."

"Who's plan? What plan? What are you talking about, Jimin?"

"I can't tell you for your own sake. Please, just believe me. I really do like you, Y/N. So much, but we can't be together for your sake."

Jimin's body shook, a sob breaking out between his lips as you felt your shoulder dampen.

Jimin was crying.

And your heart broke to hear him cry.

You didn't know what was going on, or what Jimin was talking about.

You wanted to believe him, but some part of you held you back.

And so, a few moments passing by, you pull away, sniffling as you look down, "I, uh, I think you should leave now."

Jimin inhaled sharply before leaving the way he came without another word, leaving you to your thoughts as you collapse on to your bed.

Should I believe him?

. . .

(A few days later)

Bidding bye to your Mum as the taxi she was in, drove off, you close the door, proceeding to get ready for school.

Your dad had unexpectedly called, telling your mum to pack some of her clothes into a suitcase, calling her over to LA where he currently was.

This, in turn, had left you all alone in the house as you didn't know when they'd return.

Once you were done, you lock the door, sauntering your way through the park where cherry blossom trees flooded the view.

It reminded you of yours and Jimin's first date.

You realized you never removed the Polaroid picture from the back of your phone case.

Your eyes glance at the photo, smiling sadly at how happy the two of you looked in each other's arms, enjoying the others company.

Exhaling shakily, you stuff your phone into your pocket, picking up your pace as the school came into view.

Walking through the hallways towards your class, your eyes shift towards the pair of people walking outside.

Jimin and Hyerim.

She looked happy, and giggly as she held hands with Jimin.

The said boy, however, was the opposite.

A smile was nowhere near him right now, as it seemed as if a dark cloud hung above him.

He wasn't happy - he looked... sad.

Before they could enter the school and see you, you ran to the classroom, rushing to take a seat at your desk.

You scoff as Jimin's words from last night rang in your ears.

What kind of plan has him holding hands with that girl?

. . .

Edited

A/N: I'm terribly sorry for the short update, I swear I had a better vision for this chapter. But it just didn't come out right. So I sincerely apologize for it. I hope you enjoyed this chapter tho! Until next time!

- Nabi