Chapter 14: Safe

The minutes turned into hours; hours turning into days.

Each day passed by slow, taking forever.

It was a painful process for you as it meant seeing Jimin longer.

As much as you had started falling for him, you didn't want to see him as it would distract you from your plan and cause your feelings to erupt again.

As the bell for lunch rang, you sped out the door with Tzuyu, trying to avoid Jimin at all costs.

You were currently at your locker, Taehyung approached you, leaning on the locker next to yours, "Any plans for lunch?"

You shake your head, shutting your locker to face him, "Nope."

Tzuyu had left a while back to have lunch with Namjoon, who she has been hanging around a lot lately.

"Wanna have lunch with my friends and I?" His eyes glinted with hope.

You nod and Taehyung holds your hand, flashing his box smile as he leads you to the canteen towards the table that was occupied by his friends - Yoongi, Jin, Hoseok, Namjoon, with Tzuyu also there, and unfortunately, Jimin and Hyerim.

You mentally groan, resisting the urge to roll your eyes.

Karma had led you right back to the person you were ignoring.

Taking a seat next to Taehyung, you glance down at your fiddling fingers, not wanting to converse or engage in the conversation.

That is, until Hyerim spoke up.

You look up at her as her smile fades away into a look of disgust, "What is this trash doing here?"

The remark was for you, so you retort back to her with a smirk tugging at the corner of your lips, "At least I'm not tainting the air with my existence unlike you."

Muffled laughs could be heard from around the table at your savage response as Hyerim stared at you with wide eyes, her mouth hanging open.

You couldn't resist the urge, so you make another remark, "Ah, people really need to start cleaning up after themselves, leaving random trash like you at tables, dirtying the whole cafeteria." (Credits to yeonfused_with_life for the amazing comeback ^^)

The suppressed giggles turned into an outburst of laughter piercing through the air.

Jimin smiled himself as he fiddled with his food, and your heart fluttered at the sight.

Hyerim burned holes into your face as she was fueling with rage.

She wanted to say something, but you had left her speechless.

With that, you stand up, walking away towards the bathroom.

Just as you were about to open the door, a hand gripped your forearm, harshly turning you around as you met Hyerim's rage-filled eyes.

"You b*tch," she spoke through gritted teeth, "How dare you insult me in front of them. Know your f*cking place."

She raised her hand, getting ready to slap you but you grabbed her wrist, stopping her from doing so.

"You should know your place. Being a pretty face does not give you the right to insult others and downgrade them. It does not give you power over others and use them as your personal slaves. Do your job yourself. Everyone knows under all the cakes up make up, you're one of us, who don't hide behind masks to gain authority over others. Now shut up and leave me alone."