Chapter 10: Prom

All weekend had slipped by and you were engrossed in your thoughts. A lot of of them they were only about Jimin.

What plan?

He seemed afraid. Of what or who though?

Somehow, all these thoughts led back to Taehyung and how Jimin had eyed him cautiously as he walked away Friday night.

You huff, ruffling your hair as the complex thinking had started giving you a headache.

And soon enough, it was Monday.

Sighing, you lock the door of your house, turning around to walk to school but stop in your tracks as your eyes land on the figure in front of you.

His shirt wasn't tucked in, tie not worn, blazer unbuttoned, hair slightly ruffled. He whistled lowly, his eyes trained on the ground as he kicked loose pebbles on the pavement.

Your heartbeat picked up it's pace as it seemed like an elysian scene.

Him standing outside your house, patiently waiting for you as blossoms bloomed in the trees behind him, the sun slowly rising as it painted the sky with streaks of pink, purple, and yellow.

Here he was, once again, just like before, and your feelings were let loose.

He glanced up, his eyes landing on you as he flashed you a toothy grin, eyes disappearing behind two crescents, "Ready?"

You nod, slowly walking towards him.

"Today, princess," he chuckles and your ears turn red.

You weren't gonna lie when you said you missed his nickname for you, but you decided to play along, "Hey, the princess can walk at whatever pace she wants to. The peasant has to bear with it."

He smiles at you, gazing at you with a certain softness in his eyes before leaning in and pinching your cheeks, "Why are you so cute?"

Your cheeks burned as you swat his hands away, breaking into a run with Jimin following closely behind.

Growing tired within a few seconds, you curse yourself for your lack of exercise. You hated running in early morning, your body would just refuse straight up.

"I hate you for making me run this early," you huff, returning to your normal pace as Jimin catches up beside you.

"Well, I didn't tell you to run, did I?" He raises an eyebrow, clearly amused by your reaction to him just pulling your cheeks and calling you cute.

"Stop staring at me," you warm under his gaze, smacking his arm.

He giggles before lacing his fingers through your hand, squeezing it for a split second as you continue walking to school.

Jimin was glad things were normal between the two of you now.

And you were too.

Both of you missed each other but refused to admit it because you weren't used to feeling like this.

Little did you know, things wouldn't stay this way for very long.

Within a few minutes, school had come into view and you walked to class, Jimin finally letting go of your hand as you sat down at your desks.

His eyes never left you though.

"Oh my god, will you stop staring at me?" You hide your face in your hands, secretly smiling to yourself.

Hearing rustling, you peek through your fingers only to see his face merely inches away from yours.

You yelp, almost slipping out of your seat, "What in the what!"