Chapter 7: Taehyung

You felt empty and lost if you were being honest.

What did life have against you?

You were happy with your own life - perfect grades, great friends, great teachers, and a final crush.

Maybe your life was a tad bit sad as you had realized you've never actually ever grown feelings for someone before.

Studying had filled up the empty voids in your life and you had made it clear to yourself to never get distracted by feelings.

They'd only bring you down.

Which is exactly what happened today.

If it weren't for the quick reflexes of the ginger-head goof of a boy, you may have given yourself more physical injuries than you would've asked for.

You sat at a bench at the rooftop of your school, absent-mindedly dangling your legs back and forth, sometimes kicking loose pebbles across the concrete floor.

You didn't know what to do.

You had no strength to go back down as you feared that you might come across Jimin. You didn't really want to see him.

Not for a while at least.

His actions had shown you something different. The way he held you delicately as if you would break if he let go of you. The way his soft lips felt against the burning skin of your cheek.

But then, his actions had said something the total opposite of what he showed you. The way he pressed his body into hers, deepening the kiss, his hands roaming down the sides of her body.

Were you really supposed to be this depressed over a simple crush?

"Here you are," you gradually look up to see your best friend standing with her arms across her chest, a stern look residing on her face, "What'd he do?"

"What'd who do?"

"Cut the crap, Y/N," she sighed, growing frustrated.

Tzuyu hated seeing you like this. She hated seeing you cry. It pained her. She loved you more than she'll ever admit, and she was sure to send whoever hurt you, to hell.

"It's just me crying over a simple crush, okay?"

You breathe out before popping off, "Just a simple crush who I saw kissing a girl today. A crush who I don't know if he'd been sending signals to me. Someone who made me feel like maybe there was another purpose for me slowly rising in the horizon, other than being a perfect student with perfect grades. Just a simple damn crush. Nothing to worry about."

Tzuyu scoffed in disbelief, "Nothing to worry about? Y/N, do you see the state you're in right now? I can't see you like this, it hurts me to see you hurt like this over some stupid boy."

Tzuyu was close to tears at this point as she took your hand in hers to try and comfort you.

You sniffle, "I know, but I also know that you'll always be there. So I'm okay."

You purse your lips together in an attempt to smile which causes Tzuyu to giggle.

"Go home, and get rest. This is an order from your best friend who's trying to save you from the depths of algebra and biology, and having to sit next to this crush," she says before walking off.

You sigh, looking up at the gloomy sky that hung above your head, as if rain were to start pouring at any moment.

Maybe you did need to walk home.