Chapter 8: Thoughts

The next few days of school had passed away quicker than you would have expected it to.

Maybe the credit would go to Taehyung for it.

He hung around you often, made you laugh and smile, even walked you home.

There was never a dull moment between the two of you - always exchanging funny stories or talking about the events throughout your day.

Truth be told, Taehyung was only trying to help get your mind off Jimin. If you were left alone with your thoughts, you knew your mind would wander back to him and the way he continues to make you feel.

Feelings are hard - you had realized this when you first learned of your crush on him.

But feelings are also hard to find.

Crushes or feelings don't come easily - Well not to you at least.

Maybe it was just you.

Everytime someone would show an interest in you, you'd run away. If you were being honest, you were scared. Scared of what feelings would bring, what liking someone would bring.

Once you had realized you started liking Jimin, you discovered one of the things it would bring - Pain.

Pain of not able to tell someone how you feel.

Pain of them possibly not reciprocating the same feelings as you.

No matter Taehyung's efforts, through those small moments of getting lost in your thoughts, your mind would drift back to Jimin.

You'd wonder why he acted the way he did with you.

Did he actually like you?

Or was he just messing around?

Or was he just being friendly?

You were never able to discover the answers to those questions since you had decided to not talk to him. You knew he wanted to talk to you.

He tried approaching you - in the hallways, the cafeteria, or even in class because you did sit next to him.

But no response would come out from you.

It was like he never existed for you.

And Jimin felt bad.

He beat himself up for it. He wondered where he went wrong.

Why you were ignoring him.

Did he do something he didn't realize of?

His heart would break piece by piece as he sees you smile. But, the reason behind that smile was not him, but Taehyung. He hated that Taehyung started hanging out with you, making it impossible for him to talk to you.

It was Friday lunchtime, and you were walking through the hallways of the school.

Taehyung was not there as he said he had to go somewhere, and Tzuyu was in the cafeteria, getting herself something to eat. Fingers wrapped around your wrist, pulling you into an empty classroom.

You let out a yelp at the action as you weren't expecting it. At the sound of the door locking, you spin around only to meet his soft gaze on you.

"Y/N," he let out softly, taking a step closer to you, but you moved back. He noticed this and stopped in his place, an inaudible sigh escaping between his lips.

"What do you want?" You let out a little too coldly, eyeing him cautiously.

Jimin felt something break inside him at your words.

Tears were threatening to brim in the corners of his eyes, but he fought them back, swallowing before speaking, "W-Why have you been ignoring me?"

You noticed his eyes glistening.

You wanted to go to him, hold him, but you resisted the urge as you replied, "I think it's rude to lead someone on if you have no intention of being in a relationship with them, especially if you're already in another relationship."

Jimin's eyes widened a fraction. Your words were bitter, and directed specifically towards him.

But, I'm not in a relationship.

He opened his mouth to say something, but you cut him off, "You shouldn't be wasting your time with me here. Be with your girlfriend - the girl you were kissing on Monday."

It took all the energy in you not to break down in front him as you brush past him, unlocking the door before stepping out.

Your chest tightened as you found it hard to breath, walking away from the classroom where you left Jimin.

He stood there, completely dumbfounded at your words.

The girl you you were kissing. on Monday.

You words rang in his ears as he thought back to that moment.

It was true.

He did kiss that girl.

But he wasn't thinking that he was.

She had dragged him into the classroom to complain to him that he was spending too much time with you.

She wanted distance between the two of you because she liked him.

Jimin, in fact, did not care for her words at all. He was annoyed by it, by her. He wanted to spend time with you because you helped him - even though you weren't aware of it.

Jimin didn't take notice of when the girl in front of him had started leaning her body on to him. By the time he had snapped out of his thoughts, it was too late.

Her lips were on his.

She was desperate for him. He knew that as he was about to push her away, but somehow, his mind had wandered back to you and he had forgotten that the girl in front of him was someone else, not you.

And so, he pulled her close, kissing her passionately. By the time he had realized that he wasn't kissing you, it was too late.

You had seen everything.

Jimin didn't know that you were standing outside the door, watching everything unfold before your own eyes.

Now that he did, guilt weighed down on him as dark thoughts loomed above him.

How was he supposed to tell you that he was thinking he was kissing you?

How was he supposed to tell you that he had started liking you?

More than he would've ever thought.

How would he tell you that Taehyung had a secret of his own?

. . .

Edited

A/N: And finally another edited chapter. Currently jamming to Dancing With Your Ghost by Sasha Sloan while I was writing this chapter.

Would totally recommend, listening to it. It makes me depressed, lmao. But anyways, hope you all enjoyed this chapter, and had a very Merry Christmas! Love you and until next time!

- Nabi