Chapter 9: Falling

You tried to take your mind off Jimin.

You tried so hard.

But, seeing as he was seated next to you didn't make it any easier. He tried giving you contact, any type of contact to show you that he wasn't done talking to you.

Sometimes brushing his hand against yours which would awaken something inside you.

You still had feelings for him, you still liked him, whether you wanted to admit it or not, you did.

Jimin's actions didn't go unnoticed by Taehyung.

He saw everything - from Jimin's hand touching yours to leaning in closer to you to "copy" your notes. His jaw clenched as he fumed with anger.

This isn't part of the plan.

Jimin better learn his place or else...

The bell rang suddenly and everyone packed their belongings into their bags, rushing out the door with the promise of the weekends arrival coming with sound of the bell.

You followed in pursuit, walking out of the school alongside Tzuyu, before you waved bye as you parted ways.

Taehyung jogged to catch up with you, causing Jimin to curse under his breath as Taehyung had reached you first.

But that didn't stop him from following you.

Of course he kept a safe distance though, so neither of you would be able to suspect that he was following you. Taehyung conversed with you about the biology homework as he mentioned to you that he couldn't understand the punnett squares.

You laugh and Jimin felt his heart skip a beat. He loved it when you laughed, because it was contagious.

And soon enough, Jimin had found himself smiling because of you.

But as his gaze shifted to Taehyung standing next to you, being the reason for you laughing, his smile falters.

He wanted to tell you, he wanted to tell you everything. But he was scared to do so, because the consequences wouldn't be pleasant.

Jimin hid behind a tree as the two of you stopped in front of your house, waiting for Taehyung to leave.

Eventually, he did.

After you had kissed his cheek as Jimin let out an inaudible gasp.

I deserve it. I deserve it for kissing Hyerim, thinking she was Y/N.

Jimin sighed as he dragged his feet across the pavement of the path through the park. He wanted to talk to you, explain everything, but he couldn't.

He missed you, he really did, but he would deny his feelings. He wasn't used to feeling this way. He couldn't talk to you anyways, because you clearly weren't interested in talking to him.

. . .

"Y/N!" Your Mum called from down in the kitchen, "Come here please!"

You drag your feet out of your bed, down the stairs and to your Mum who was leaning against the countertop, a serious look resting on her face.

She slowly pryed her eyes towards you before saying in an ominous voice, "We don't have the main ingredients."

And so, that is how you had ended up at supermarket at 8 p.m.

"Thank you," you bow slightly to the worker, grabbing the bag of ingredients for your Mum's cooking as you step outside.