Chapter 18: Truth II

Your brows furrowed in confusion, you read Jimin's text over and over again, contemplating the reason as to why he had decided to text you out of the blue, on your free day. Heaving a sigh, you decide to reply:

Jimin: Are you free?

Y/N: No, I'm busy.

Jimin: No, you're not. You're too lazy to do anything.

Y/N: How dare! I'm not lazy when it comes to things that I wanna do.

Jimin: Mhm

Y/N: What do you want?

Jimin: Meet me at the park in front of your house. Right now.

You groan, dropping your phone beside your body in the bed.

You were so comfortable in your position on your bed.

He had to come and ruin your peace time.

Huffing loudly, you stand up, slipping into a hoodie before grabbing your phone and walking out of your house.

Just as you arrived in the park, you slow down your pace, your eyes scanning the place in search for Jimin who seemed so eager to meet you.

"Y/N?"

You turn around, coming face-to-face with a familiar orange-haired boy who seemed confused at your appearance.

"What are you doing here? That too, at night?" He continued, stepping closer to you.

You open your mouth to say Jimin had called you here, but immediately shut your mouth as events with the girl from yesterday had slipped into your thoughts.

You decided to stay very wary, "I'm just here for a bit of fresh air. Felt a bit cooped up in my house."

Flashing a small smile, you hope he would take your excuse as genuine.

He smiles in response, "Ah, that's understandable."

As silence settled amongst the atmosphere, you hesitate, wondering if you would be able to bring up the topic with Taehyung having an outburst at the girl from before.

You curse yourself, before speaking up, "Hey Taehyung. I have a question to ask you."

"Hm?" He hums in response, his eyes trained on you as he waits for you to continue.

"It's about something I saw yesterday, at school, on the 3rd floor," Taehyung's eyes widen at the mention of the 3rd floor, a certain scene flashing across his eyes as he hoped you hadn't seen it.

"Who was that girl? And why were you acting like that? You seemed too nice to do something like that," you slightly step away as he stays silent, staring at the ground intently.

Everything he built had started crumbling away as only one person came to his mind.

Someone who knew something like this would happen.

Someone who knew to call you, so everything would be back to normal, and he could escape his plan.

Taehyung's eyes darted on to you, fury evident in them as a hiccup escapes your lips.

What have I done?

He started taking slow steps towards you as you step back, fear growing within you as you realize you may have not known Taehyung at all.

He was merely putting on a facade to deceive you.

"T-Taehyung," you stutter, almost tripping as you walk backwards, trying to escape him.