Chapter 4: Riverton

Chapter 4: Riverton

~ Unknown~ (Third person format)

With the prince's new hairstyle and hair color, most of the town people couldn't recognize him at all, especially in the dark. As he and his female friend walked from door to door, waking the people up, asking them for a place to stay for the night, each person slammed the door in their faces. What they didn't realize was that someone masked was following them the whole time.

~ Rosie~

"Stupid kids..." I heard the lady muttered after she slammed the door at our faces. If only she knew The handsome dirty-blonde beside me was the prince himself. She would freak so bad that she might trade everything she had for him to even set foot in her home.

"Where are we going to stay now, Heath?" I pouted. I heard him sigh in frustration. I knew he didn't want to go back to the palace knowing that he would need to marry someone at such a young age, but he didn't want to stay out in the cold either. It was the middle of the night, so no one in Mabel's would even want to allow a stranger to enter their home. 

The moonlight reflected against his eyes, catching my attention. "I know a place."

It was somewhere at the third floor of an apartment. The whole building was dirty and dusty, not a place for someone to find a prince at all. His grip on my wrist tightened as he gave soft knocks on the door in front of us. We heard some grunts inside and then the lights outside came on. There were sound of chains dropping onto the ground, then the door flew open, revealing the boy who'd bullied Heath so many years ago. Brian Montgomery. 

"What is it, Andrews?" Brian narrowed his tired eyes at Heath. 

"We need a place to stay." Heath said cooly and calmly. So many years ago, Brian was the one who was always caught beating up poor Heath. And here they were, Heath asking for a place to stay like he and Brian never had a horrible past. 

I half-expected Brian to go all crazy and punch Heath in the face, claiming that no one else could stay at his apartment but himself, but Brian just muttered something under his breath and let us in with a grunt. Heath muttered his thank yous and entered, pulling me along. 

Surprisingly, inside the apartment was more cleaner and more neat than the outside. It had everything. Furnitures, electricity, clean floor, clean plates, a working fridge, and an actual clean bathroom. And all of that were taken care by Brian. That was really impressive, seeing that he was never really the 'clean freak'. 

"You guys can share the couch." He waved goodnight and went up to sleep, leaving the lights on and the both of us stared at each other in silence. 

"I'll sleep on the ground." He shrugged and went to lay down on the ground next to the couch. "You get the couch. You're the girl." 

"You're the prince." I argued. 

"A prince is a male. Now sleep." 

I huffed and threw the bag on the ground as I lay down on the couch, crossing my arms. "Fine." I told him and lay down. The awkward thing was that the lights were still on and we weren't talking. The both of us were staring at the ceiling for no reason, and it was getting more and more awkward. 

Brian's face re-appeared again at the top of the stairs. "Should I turn off the lights?" He asked in an apologetic tone. 

"Yes please." I quickly responded. I wondered how long would I stand the awkwardness if Brian hadn't appeared. Heath and I never share awkward silences, it's like a foreign language to me. You'd hear people talking about it, but never experience it. That's my case. 

~ ~ ~ 

"Where?" 

"Riverton." Brian repeated. I'd never heard about the place or town before so I was slightly confused. Heath was asking Brian for suggestions on where we could run away to, maybe a place in Mabel's that the royal guards wouldn't find or search at. But Brian had another idea; Riverton. According to Brian, it was a town where the his brother stayed. And that he was really sure that his brother would let us stay with him. 

I was going to say no to that, but Heath covered my mouth with his palm. "Okay, give us the address and we'll be on our way." 

I shoved away his hand from my mouth and stared at him in horror. "We're running away to another town?!" 

"You can stay here, you know. It's only six in the morning, they wouldn't know we're gone. You can go back." He told me, his voice monotoned. 

"I'm going with you. We'll stick together." I muttered. 

Heath nodded. Brian finished drawing the map and written down the address to his brother's place at the right corner of the paper. "Good luck." He told us and gave the paper to Heath. Heath took it and stuffed it into the right pocket of his jacket. They shook hands, we ate breakfast, and the both of us left Brian's apartment. 

"Destroy your cell phone." Heath told me. I hesitated, dad gave this to me when I was fifteen... I'll just destroy the sim card, not my phone. I took it out from my phone and broke it in two, and threw it down the apartment. 

No one would look for it. 

"Riverton." I said. 

"Riverton." He repeated. 

"What if we got seperated along the way?" I asked him, knowing that the guards would probably have two or more search groups. 

"We'll find each other again then." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm terribly sorry that the chapter is so short, I'll update a longer chapter tomorrow! This chapter is supposed to be how they find the place they would run to. So yeah, it was actually supposed to be short. I'll upload a 3 or more pages chapter tomorrow! I PROMISE! I kept my promise that I would update today, didn't I? :D 

So I would definitely keep my promise for that!