Chapter 7: Back To School

(...) I took one last look at Tasha's dead body, at her peaceful face before leaving the scene, ready to run.

Chapter 7: Back to School

*Rosie*

You know that empty feeling you get when one of your family member dies or a very close friend's life just ended? It's like a part of you is torn away from you and all you could do was stay numb and sad. The four of us were walking on foot, going anywhere that had less people. We were walking aimlessly around with only very few bullets in our guns. Our clothes were soaked and no one else could feel the pain I felt. 

Tasha had been my friend for only a few days and she already became like a sister to me. There was no way I could feel more depressed than this. Heath kept trying to convince me that I couldn't have stopped her death from coming, but I just couldn't accept it. She shouldn't have died, not when she just found her true love. It wasn't fair for her. 

"Couldn't you try to contact headquaters and ask them to provide us a place to stay?" Terrance asked Autumn. 
"I dropped my phone while running. Agent Cross, do you have an idea?" She looked at me with tired eyes. My depressed eyes met hers and she wrapped an arm around me.

"I'm sorry for your lost, Rosie. I really am. But what Tasha would want right now would be for us to get somewhere safe, and find the person who ordered those men to kill all of us. Don't you think you should be strong for her, Rosie? She needs you, and we need you, Rose." That triggered something in me. I wanted to find whoever it was who killed ordered those men to kill her. I needed to hunt him down. I needed to train, to be strong again. All this weeping around and being depressing was just going to make me weak and useless. That wasn't what Tasha wanted. I knew that. 

I straightened my back and looked at Autumn thankfully. I hugged her and whispered a "Thank you" before going into thinking mode. 
"My family cabin at Elois."

~~~

I switched on the lights and inhaled the familiar wood smell of the cabin. My familiar teddy bear was sitting at the couch facing the television, waiting for me to claim him back. Everything was in the same position since the last time my family came here for the summer holidays. "Heath and Terrance can use the extra room at the far end. Autumn and I can share my room." I said, looking around.

"I'll get you guys dry clothes." I went to my parent's room and went to get some of my dad's 'younger days' clothes which consisted of hoodies, random shirts, plaid shirts, shorts and lots and lots of jeans. There was a picture of my mom and dad on their wedding day, sitting on the bed. My dad wrote something on the back and I went to read it. 

To my precious Flower, I'll love you forever till the end. Look at your ring finger, and you'll always know that. Love, Will 

Dad was always sweet to my mom...

After providing the boys with some dry clothes, I went back to my room and found Autumn already looking through my closet for nice clothes. 

"You have lots of awesome clothes, Rosie." Autumn commented, taking out a mini skirt and a orange stripe top and went to the bathroom to change. I grabbed a pair of my grey baggy pants and a pair of blue tank top and wore them. I wanted to feel comfortable at the moment, tomorrow would be when the action starts again. And I planned to be ready then. 

~~~

"FAMILY MEETING!" Terrance shouted from the kitchen. I groaned and got up from the couch and reluctantly dragged myself to the kitchen table. Autumn and Terrance were already sitting there. Heath was the last one to get his butt to the kitchen. He looked at the three of us skeptically before sitting down. 

"As you all know, Rosie's family cabin would only just be a temporary home. So we need to plan ahead on where we're going. And how to hunt them down." 

Heath raised his hand and looked at me before saying, "Instead of us hunting them down, how about we let them find us, instead?" 

"What are you implying, Heath?" Autumn raised an eyebrow at him. 

"I meant, you guys keep protecting me and at the same time finding the culprit. But how about we live our lives while you guys protect me and let them find us instead? And while they find us, we could get ready ourselves and prepare our skills before they attack." 

Autumn thought of it for awhile and finally responded, "That's a good idea, I shall enroll us to school tomorrow then. Until then, you guys may have fun watching TV before the headaches of school haunt you guys." Autumn stood up and walked to my room without a word. She was always so mysterious. 

I looked at the two boys and suggested the three of us to watch some movies. The two of them agreed to it and so that's how we ended up in an argument on whether to watch Batman or SpongeBob. 

~~~

The next day I woke up and heard TV noises. The first thing I realized was that both of the boys' heads were on my lap and they were fast asleep. I controlled myself to not giggle or take a picture of the adorable sight. I looked at Heath and his messy hair that brushed all over his face and tried my best not to blush. 

He just looked so cute! 

I brushed away some of the hair and surreptitiously kissed him on the forehead. "Guys wake up, we have school today." I shook them till they woke up and looked at me with wide eyes. 

"Shit, Autumn is so going to kill us." 

At the same time, Autumn appeared in a light purple top and mini skirt. Boy, my boss loved mini skirts. She held out three iPhones to us and our jaws dropped. "Where did you get the money to buy these?!" Terrance asked her, as if reading my mind. She rolled her eyes and showed us her credit card. 

"I never said I left my credit card. By the way, school starts at eight so we only have an hour." She told us. I heard Terrance groaned and ran to his room to get ready. Heath stretched on my lap and got up. 

"Morning, Rosie." He winked before doing the same as Terrance. 

~~~

"You can't sit anywhere you like, new girl." Blonde barbie girl shouted at me and the others, except for Heath of course. She didn't want to hurt the new good looking guy's feelings before she dated him. I rolled my eyes at her. Even at the first day, everyone in our new school found out about Heath and his oh-so-good-looking-features. And apparently the news spreaded to miss Queen Bee of the school here. 

"Do I look like a give a damn, Blondie?" I raised an eyebrow at her. I grabbed the soda on my table and looked at her hair. "After all, you don't want me to get your beautiful hair soaked with soda...right?" She snarled at me before stepping backwards a bit. I could totally see the fear in her eyes. 

After giving a 'hmph!' and strolling away with her current hottie boyfriend, I went back to sit down with the others. Autumn sat down whispered something to me that totally made me feel horrible. "Remember Rosie, the four of us are enrolled as siblings, so don't go around acting like the jealous girlfriend." 

________________________________________________________

PREVIEW FOR CHAPTER 8:

*Heath*

"Hey do you think it's alright for me to ask your sister out on a date?" Zac asked me. 

"WHAT?!"