Chapter 14: Masked (Part I)

Just for your info, this story is gonna be a little shorter than the other books in the series. 

But anyways, here's the chapter! GET READY TO SCREAM! Cuz I'm bringing back a few old characters! ;D

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14: Masked (Part I)

*Heath*

Applying the last cream on my forehead wound, I took a step back and looked at myself in the mirror. I looked completely different. I didn't look sixteen at all, I looked about eighteen. A sixteen year old wouldn't have rescue a girl and jump through the window. Who am I? 

A prince who loves a girl and wouldn't confess to her and is willing to go through so many risks just for her. He's pretty much an idiot, if you ask me. 

"Heath, you ready?" Eric placed a hand on my shoulder. I nodded. 

In order to not let Rosie see me in my mask when I dress up, Eric insisted that I got ready in his room. He also insisted that we go by two different vehicles. Somehow I think Eric just wants to enjoy seeing me finding Rosie in a crowd of masked people later on. 

I sighed and snatched the silver mask on the dresser and put it on. 

"Oh great." 

*Rosie*

As I entered the ballroom, I felt my purple dress shimmered under the dim lights. There were so many people around, soft music was played and besides low whispering and faint giggles, every thing was really formal to me. I haven't been to balls such as these since...Heath's birthday party. Speaking of Heath, why didn't I spot him by now? Usually I could find him just by scanning the crowd!

A tap on my shoulder made me turned around, a gentleman with a red mask was smiling at me. "May I dance with you?" He asked me and held out a hand for me to take. Dancing with a stranger while I look for Heath wouldn't hurt, right? So I returned his smile and took his hand. Like instinct, his other hand went to my waist and he led me to the dance floor where I could see a few pairs already dancing. 

"You look jumpy." the gentleman said. 

"I'm looking for someone, but he's nowhere in sight." Why was I even telling him that? 

"We haven't introduce ourselves. My name is Max. Max Brown." 

"Hey my mom knows you!" I guessed that wasn't the reaction I should have. My mom always talked about her friends from the past and Max Brown was certainly one of them. His wife was Livette, I think. "Is your wife Livette?"

"What? No! My mom's Livette. I'm Max Junior." He winked. "So since you know my parents, I bet you're the infamous Rosie?" 

I nodded. "Anyways, thanks for the dance and all, I have to look for someone." I gave him a polite smile before leaving the dancefloor to look for Heath. Why couldn't I find him? Was he hiding from me or something? I meant, he had a cut on his forehead and on his arm, so surely that would make him stand out in the crowd? 

"You know, if I'm not mistaken, I have to say it's like you're looking for your lover." Max came up behind me, making me jump. 

"He's my best friend." Was I telling Max that...or myself? I frowned. 

"A gentleman was looking for you earlier. I didn't tell him where you are of course. Was his name Heath?" 

I felt like hitting Max really hard. That was my only chance to find him! If I couldn't find Heath, I'd like if he was looking for me! I looked at Max like he was an idiot and punched him really hard on the shoulder. Usually I wasn't the violent type of girl, but after everything that happened, I think a little violence in me would actually help me survive. 

"Hey hey! Calm down. I'll tell you the color of his mask and point you out if you want." Max raised both his hands and smirked at me when I stopped punching him and calmed down. He started to walk away towards a new crowd of people and I trailed along behind him. 

"Where is he?!" I asked Max. 

"In the middle of the crowd." he nodded at the direction. I crossed my arms and sighed, as always Heath was crowded by a bunch of people, thanks to his status as prince. After thanking Max, I tried to push through the crowd, but what I found wasn't pleasing to my eyes. 

Three masked beauties were crowded around him, pressing against him. Basically it was totally disgusting and it made me want to gag. But most importantly, it made me wanted to cry. Before Heath could make eye contact with me and find out who I was, I retreated from the crowd and ran towards the stairs that led me up to another floor, where I hid behind the curtains and broke down. 

I felt my tears already staining my dress, but they quickly stopped when I felt a hand on my shoulder. The curtains were pushed away from me and I saw Max's familiar masked face looking worriedly at me. 

"Hey Rosie, don't cry..." He said softly and pulled me to his chest. "Don't cry..." He kept saying it soothingly. But that only made me cry more. No one had been comforting me for such a long time, I guess everything just came out that moment. 

"I wish he likes me back, Max..." 

"I know, I know..." 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So yeah guys, meet Max Junior! In case you don't know who Max Brown and Livette's story, check out my story 100 Days! :D 

Thanks!

x