Chapter 11: The Red Spy

Hey guys, I recently had a fight with my best guy friend and it pains me cuz he's probably the only person who could make me laugh in school. So when we fought, it took my energy away so let's just hope this chapter would be awesome! :) 

Kimberly Ashley x

Chapter 11: The Red Spy

~Rosie~

"I'll have a chicken salad, thank you." I told the waitor. He took down my order last and walked away as soon as possible. Since we'd left the meadow, Heath had been staring at me for almost every second and it was somehow making me a little self-conscious. I even went to the bathroom to check on my dress, and my teeth. Nothing was there, so why was he staring? 

He realized I caught him staring and looked away again. "Why did you order salad?" He asked me. Finally, a question. I thought he went mute and all he could do was stare. 

"Well, I don't want to fat." I spat, instantly regretting it when I saw him flinched. "I'm sorry, I'm always cranky when I wake up." I started to apologize but he just placed a finger on my lips. 

"It's okay. Time to eat." He said and nodded at the waitor he brought us my salad and Heath's steak. 

I ignored the eating noises Heath made, I knew he was just trying to make me jealous. I rolled my eyes at his childishness and chewed on my own food. Still trying to ignore Heath's constant moaning from the deliciousness of his food. 

~Heath~

I saw her trying hard not to glare at me and tried not to drool over my steak. I sighed, it wasn't nice of me to be such a jerk to her. I stopped eating and cut a piece of meat and brought the piece to her mouth. 

"I know you want it." She looked surprised at me before taking the piece into her mouth and chewed. "Swallow it, Rosie." It surprised me that I actually said her name. I don't always say her name, so every time I mentioned her name, it gives me this tingly feeling. I don't even know if that was a good thing or a bad thing. 

"Thank you, Heath." she said after she swallowed. 

"No probs, Rosie." There it was again, the tingly feeling. 

"You look funny." She giggled and pointed at my cheek. I narrowed my eyes at her finger as she pressed it against my cheek. 

"Why?" 

"Nothing, nothing." 

~Rosie~

He was blushing...

~~~

 By the time we reached home, it was already seven at night. Surprisingly the lights weren't on and everything was so dark. Then I heard it. 

Clara and all the kitchen maids' voices singing 'Happy Birthday'. "Heath?" I called out for him but he was no longer behind me. At the end of the hallway, I saw him. He stood in the dark, holding a cake with candles on it. The light from the candles allowed me to see Heath's face, my heart skipped a beat when I realized he was smiling. 

I walked closer to him and eventually stopped. All of them surrounded me as the birthday song continued and they waited. It was going to be the second wish on the same day...

I smiled at all of them and muttered my 'thank you's before closing my eyes, making a wish and blowing the candles.

Just at the same time as I heard the glass window broke, shattering and a red cloth covered my eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, I know that the chapter is really short. But please understand that I'm extremely busy too! :( 

And I have a few rumor problems now. Apparently someone decided to have fun with me and spreaded some stupid rumour about me to the whole grade so now I don't even dare to appear at school thanks to that stupid guy. :)