Chapter 18: Goodbye For Now

Okay guys, you better be grateful I've been updating! Anyways, for those that are wondering, YES HEATH IS GONNA BE MARRIED TO SOME GIRL WE DON'T LIKE. But the story doesn't end there. And yes, there's still a chance for Heath to end up with Rosie. No, he's not gonna cheat on his wife. That's where the bad guy comes in and does the work of getting rid of her from the story :) Yes, I said all that so you guys wouldn't stop reading this story just because Heath marries some random girl for the moment. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 18: Goodbye For Now

*Rosie*

"Oh Rosie, thank you so much for bringing back my son. Thank you." The queen kept thanking me a thousand times. I kept my face straight and avoided thoughts that might make me break down at that moment. She realized that I was tensed so she let go of my hand and looked at me worriedly. "What's wrong, Rosie?" When I didn't answer her, her eyes widened and then she glanced at Heath then back at me. "Oh Rosie, I'm sorry but the council has decided another girl to be married to him, I'm sorry." 

I held up a hand to stop her and forced out a smile. "It's alright. It's not that, I'm just tired, Your Highness." Actually, I didn't want to stick around with them to wait for the bride-to-be to arrive and meet my best friend. I knew that I would have to protect both Heath and her in the future, but couldn't I meet her when I start my mission? I didn't actually want to shake hands with her or see her anywhere near my best friend. It felt wrong, and utterly annoying. 

"Oh please stick around, Rosie. I would love if you meet Tasha. She's a sweet girl, reminds me of you actually." Really? Did she looked like me too? "She's really sweet, Rosie, she could be your best friend too! You, Tasha and Heath." I hated the way she mentioned our names with Tasha's name separating Heath's and my name. I haven't met Tasha and I already didn't like her. Wow. 

Before I could make some good excuse to leave and run off, the doors swung open. A girl about my age stood there, looking excited. She had her blonde hair in a ponytail and she was wearing a blue dress that matched her eyes. The worst part was that the queen was right. She looked really sweet and innocent. She smiled at the both of us as the two guards beside her escorted her into the room. 

"Your Highness." She greeted the queen and smiled. The queen smiled back at her and introduced me to her. 

"Hello Tasha, this is Rosie. Heath's friend." Friend? I'm his only friend! I'm his best friend! I was fuming. What did I do to deserve being treated like this? This girl, Tasha, barely knew Heath and she was marrying him! I knew Heath since he was a little boy and here I was, being classified as his 'friend' only. The worst part was that I had to protect him and his bride-to-be soon. Fuming, I glared at her and frowned. 

"I'm going home." I simply stated and stormed away. The guards bowed and closed the door behind me. After the doors shut, I still didn't let the tears flow. I had to control them. It was part of the mission, I musn't show my weakness. 

~~

"Mrs Cross! Mrs Cross!" One of the maids ran to Mrs Cross. She was combing her hair in front of the mirror when she heard one of her maids calling her. She turned around, looking curious on what was going on. The maid looked excited, making Mrs Cross excited herself. "Rosie is back, miss! Rosie is back!" Mrs Cross dropped her comb and quickly ran towards the front door, ignoring the maid who was telling her to slow down. 

~~

I was standing at the front door, taking in the familiar mansion. The whole place looked so peaceful, I almost forgotten about the pain and hurt in me. I froze on my spot when I heard my mother's familiar scream. She stopped at the top of the stairs and stared at me, completely in tears. Without anymore hesitation, she ran to me screaming "Is that really you?!" 

She enveloped me in a tight hug, making my own tears flowing. I didn't know how much I missed my mother until now. The familiar vanilla scent that transfered to her from my father, the familiarness in her voice, every thing about her I had missed when I ran away. 

"I missed you, honey..." She cried. 

"I missed you too, mom. I'm sorry I made you worry." I hugged my mom tighter. Dad stopped at the top of the stairs, holding a book. Dropping it, she ran to the both of us and together the three of us had a family hug. The tightest family hug I had in my life. 

~~

 After telling my parents about Heath getting married to another girl, they looked at me with a worried look. "You alright, kiddo?" My dad asked me. I nodded and smiled at them. But what about the fact that I would leave all of a sudden for three months. Three months, I had to lie to them instead of telling them the whole spy truth. 

"Erm, I have to tell you guys something. After Heath's wedding, I'm going to travel around the world with my friend Autumn, if that's alright." My parents looked at me surprised, since they never heard of me having another friend besides Heath. Autumn was agent Spark, but I wasn't going to let them know. 

"Rosie, what about school?" My mom asked. Uh-oh, her worrying mode was on. 

"Her private tutor is going to make sure we don't miss anything in school." I told my parents who looked more relieved that I wasn't going to give up my education for 'travelling'. If only they knew the truth. 

"How long would you be gone?" My mom asked again. 

"Three months." I answered, making my mom gasped. "Mom, before you panic, you know the situation you and dad were in when you were younger? When you guys couldn't tell anyone about it and are forced to keep it a secret? Well, that's a situation I'm in." My mom closed her mouth and closed her eyes, counting to five. 

"So danger does run in the family. My mom, me, then you." She laughed humorlessly and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. She gave me a tight hug before whispering to me, "Alright, Rosie you may go. But please stay safe and come back to me when every thing's over." I nodded and promised my mom. Robert and Quinn had announced that the wedding was going to be tomorrow, so I better start packing my things. 

Excusing myself from my parents, I hurried up the marble stairs and found my room door opened. Even the maids never leave my room door open. I narrowed my eyes as curiosity filled me. I pushed the door open and found agent Spark sitting on my bed, my whole room looked untouched except for a bag on top of my bed. Agent Spark smiled at me as she patted the bag located on the bed. "Your things. I packed them for you." 

~~

(Wedding Day)

"Wear this, Rosie." An ear piece? Autumn gave it to me and I wore it. "We'll communicate through this. Don't worry, I'll be at the gate at all times. Once you say your goodbyes to Heath, we'll leave." I tried to hide my frown and faked my best smile. 

Usually when I was heading to Heath's room, I would be extremely happy to see him. But this was probably the first time I wanted to run away and avoid seeing him. 

He was in his room, two servants helping him dress up. 

"Agent Spark...I couldn't face him..." 

"It's alright, Rosie. Leave a note." 

Holding in my tears, I took a piece of paper and quickly scribble down the word 'goodbye' and left it on Heath's bed silently without him spotting me. 

Then I left. 

_______________________________________________________

Kay guys, this is the end of Part 1 in the story. I'll upload Part 2 on Friday probably because I have lots of homework to do! The story is not finished yet! :) I REPEAT, NOT FINISHED YET!