Epilogue

• Dedicated to For those that love this story

Hey lovelies! So this is going to be the last chapter of Riches to Royalty.. Yeap, the adventure's over, but..good news would be that Ashley has more and more stories in store for you guys! :D I'm actually quite excited to start the new one! Yeap, it's that good! ;) And if you ask me if there's any relation to Riches to Royalty, I have to say...no. Sorry :) 

--

Epilogue

    The ballroom was filled with guests, the lights were dim, people slow dancing together. It was all very familiar, this was my home. The palace, everything. It was Autumn and Terrance's wedding dinner. From where I was, I could see Terrance and Autumn dancing together, smiling sweetly to each other as they held each other and danced. You could just see the love between them, it had been there since the very day they met. 

     As for Tasha and Wes, they had a set of twins in their hands. Lea and Thea. They had Tasha's blonde hair and Wes' hazel eyes. Of course, the four of them wouldn't set foot in the palace because Tasha was already considered 'dead'. 

     What happened to Zac and Vicky then? Well, they stayed at Elois but we would keep come together and hangout on the weekends. Vicky had gone from popular, selfish and mean girl to a nice, funny and decent girl. It was amazing to see the changes, thanks to Zac. But Zac still hadn't got the guts to ask her out yet because he was afraid of being rejected. 

     "Rosie?" I jumped at the sound of my fiance's voice. "I have been calling your name for a few minutes. You look like you're deep in thought." Heath wrapped an arm around my waist and pulled me close to him. 

     "Heath...you're the king, remember? No PDA in front of the guests." I reminded him. He muttered some colorful words under his breath as his arm pulled away from my waist. I continued to look at the crowd. Everyone was enjoying, completely at ease. As for me, eventhough Willow was behind bars, I just couldn't stop being paranoid and look at every corner for danger. Maybe it was my spy instincts kicking in. 

     "You don't need to be so tense, Rosie.." Heath whispered to me. I sighed and tried to relax myself. No one in the kingdom knew about our engagement yet. To everyone else, we were still best friends and nothing more. Even though I'm surprised they haven't figure it out by now, I meant, I was sharing a room with Heath! 

      Ever since Tasha was announced 'dead', lots of single maidens in town have been crowding around Heath. They would say just about anything just so they could have a conversation with him. Just like what was going on now. Two girls, a blonde and brunette came over and huddled around him. "Your Highness! Tell us some stories about you!" I heard Heath grumbled softly as he shoot me an annoyed expression. I stiffled a laugh as he reluctantly went to talk to the girls, who were completely oblivious to the fact that he didn't really want to leave me. 

     --

     "Lady Cross!" Adelaide ran over to where I was standing and handed me a letter before hurrying away to the other maids. I narrowed my eyes on the blue paper and decided to unfold it. 

     There wasn't writing, there wasn't scribbles, it wasn't a paper either. It was photograph of Heath and I when we were sixteen. At the back of the photograph, there was Heath's writing. 

     To my beloved Rosie, I love you and if you ever doubt it, look at this photograph and remember that I chose you. Love, Heath. 

     "Your dad's gift to your mom inspired me." I looked up and saw Heath smiling as he came nearer to me. I gave a soft laugh and tucked the photograph into my pocket. Adelaide and the other maids quickly scattered, leaving Heath and I alone in the empty ballroom. Everyone had gone home and Heath must have told the maids to clean up tomorrow because the whole room wasn't cleaned up yet. 

     "You know, I didn't get to dance with you tonight." Heath slipped his hand into mine, causing a smile to slip onto my face. He took out his iPod and played my favorite song. He handed me a ear bud and I wore it. He wore the other pair and took my hand. "May I have this dance?" 

     I chuckled and took his hand. 

     "You know, if anyone sees this, they would think we're insane." I said as we danced together in the silent ballroom. 

     "Yeah, but it's only us both." He winked. 

     "You sure you don't mind Autumn and Terrance living in the palace from now on?" 

     "I don't mind.." He paused before saying, "Sorry Rosie.." 

     "For what?"

     "I think I want to change your last name." He gave a cute smile and winked again. Heat reached my cheeks as my heart beat increased. "Will you marry me tomorrow, Rosie?"

     "Heath..."

     "I promise to take care of you, I promise to not hurt you ever again, I promise to not kiss any other girl, I promise to only love you and you only." His eyes were filled with so much love, so much hope. I felt like I could just see my future with him in them. 

     It felt like the last chapter of my story. Love has their risks, but I'm willing to risk it all. "Yes..."

     I was probably the luckiest girl to be able to be with their best friend.

--

ALRIGHT~! Guys it's the end, sorry if you think the epilogue is an epic fail. :/ I don't really know how to end this story because...I love it too much. Anyways, will post the 'What comes after Riches to Royalty?' chapter soon so stay tuned! Love you guys :) x

Jackie xx