Chapter 8: Detention for the prince

(...) After giving a 'hmph!' and strolling away with her current hottie boyfriend, I went back to sit down with the others. Autumn sat down and whispered something to me that totally made me feel horrible. "Remember Rosie, the four of us are enrolled as siblings, so don't go around acting like the jealous girlfriend." 

Chapter 8: Detention for the prince

*Rosie*

As I munched on my food quite moodily, Terrance was attracting the attention of lots of girls, making Autumn slightly annoyed because they were practically trying to shove her off her seat just to sit next to him and 'make new friends' with him. Heath, on the other hand, had no girls around him thanks to his 'moody sister' beside him glaring at each of them. 

By the time the bell rang signalling that it was time for everyone to get to their classes, I had no more appetite and the four of us just left like that. Autumn had arranged with the school so that our we had the same classes at the same period. So as the four of us walked down the halls, the cheerleaders who were gossiping to each other turned to look at all four of us, the jocks slowed down their pace to catch a glimpse of Autumn's pretty self, the okay-looking guys' jaws dropped as she unintentionally looked cute. 

To be honest, I was extremely grateful that none of the high school students here paid attention to me. So when the enemy did come find us, it'll be easy for me to spot him. As we entered our third class for the day, Mrs Brooke( I saw her name in my schedule) and introduced the four of us to her briefly and we quickly made our way to our seats. I picked the one right at the back so I could observe the class while Heath picked the one right in front. 

"Morning class, we have four new students today. Erm, would you guys like to introduce yourselves?" Gladly. 

Heath stood up and gave one of his amazing smiles before he introduced all of us to everyone. "My name's Heath Sparks. Autumn and Terrance over there by the window are my older siblings. Rosie at the back over there is my gir- sister. Sister." He frowned and looked at me. "Anyways, Rosie and I are adopted by Autumn and Terrance's parents, that's why we don't look like them." I mentally slapped myself. I hated it that we had to pretend to be siblings. Since I didn't want to dye my hair blonde, Heath had to dye his to the same brown color as mine. 

It sucked big time. 

"Thank you, Heath. Sit down, dear. Alright, if all of you could flip your books to page 132, we'll continue from where we stopped yesterday." Mrs Brooke smiled to the whole class and wrote some notes on the board for all of us to copy. 

~~~

*Heath*

It was high school all over again, which sucked. The girls here had no shame at all. Just a few hours ago during lunch time, there was a girl who tried to ask me out when her boyfriend was just standing right there. Instead of being the jealous protective boyfriend he was supposed to be, he just smirked at me and mouthed, "You're lucky." 

Honestly, this whole school was messed up. Well, not everyone, but most of the people here were. 

It was Mrs Brooke's class and honestly I couldn't concentrate at all. My thoughts would constantly drift to Rosie and I just wished she could sit here beside me. When Mrs Brooke wasn't looking, I would sneak a peak at her writing down notes. 

Just like what I was doing now. 

I sneaked a look over my shoulder and saw her writing down her notes. Her hair was tucked behind her ears and she looked so serious that it looked cute. From my seat, I could see how graceful her hand moved as she wrote. She stopped for a second and looked up. Our eyes met and we just stared at each other for awhile. 

She smiled and looked like she was chuckling. 

"Done with your notes, Heath?" I quickly turned around and apologized to Mrs Brooke before she went back to writing notes. 

A piece of paper landed on my desk and I realized it was from Rosie. 

Concentrate in class, Heath. Or you'll fail! Rosie x

I rolled my eyes and replied her. 

Miss you :( Wish you were here.

The note was passed back to her and I saw her giggled. 

Heath, write your notes. We'll watch a movie later, promise. Rosie x

I folded the piece of paper and stuffed it in my pocket. If Rosie was thinking of breaking the promise later on, I'll use the note to hold it against her. The guy sitting beside me cleared his throat and I looked at him. He looked nervous as he introduced himself. 

"Hey, my name's Zac." 

"Erm alright, my name's Heath." 

"I know. Hey, do you think it's alright for me to ask your sister out on a date?" 

"Autumn? Yeah sure, go ahead." 

"No, I meant your cute sister. The one at the back." My eyes widened. He was talking about Rosie! But Rosie wouldn't go on a date with someone she hadn't get to know, would she? She wasn't the type of girl that went on dates with random guys, right? But on the other hand, she did changed alot after a few months. But then again, I've known her since she was a little girl! She wouldn't, right? 

Not thinking of what I was about to say, my natural response was, "WHAT?!" 

"Zac. Heath. Detention after school."

~~~

*Rosie*

"Is Heath done with detention yet?" A girl asked me at the hallways. I shook my head and smiled. She frowned and just walked away like that. How rude. 

I was waiting for Heath at the hallway right outside of the classroom. Heath having detention at the first day of school, that was interesting. 

The doors of the classroom opened and Zac from my class appeared first. He saw me and went straight to me. "Hello Rosie." He greeted me. I smiled at him and looked pass him to see if Heath was coming out any time soon. 

"Your brother is coming out. I'm just wondering how the both of you could be siblings. I meant, both of you are the same age!" I didn't like Zac already. Using the excuse that Autumn had asked me to use, I said, "We're both twins. Same brown hair, same blue eyes." 

"You have baby blue eyes, Rosie..." He said dreamily. Eew. 

"Get away from her!" Heath pushed Zac from the side and glared at him. 

"Why should I?" 

"Because you're making her uncomfortable. Or are you blind enough to not see that?" I mentally thanked Heath for coming as soon as possible. This Zac guy was already creeping me out. 

"I wouldn't give up, Rosie." He said as he walked away, down the halls. 

_______________________________________________________

PREVIEW OF CHAPTER 9:

 My locker was filled with roses! I counted all of them and there were twelve in total. 

To my beautiful Rosie. Love, your prince H.