Chapter 4: Shoot and Run

Hey guys! So this is Chapter 4, I'm sorry I haven't being updating regularly! If you haven't read Chapter 3, please do so or else you wouldn't get this chapter much! And do you guys have twitter accounts? :D Just wondering! 

xo

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4: Shoot and Run

*Rosie*

I grabbed Heath by the wrist and made sure he was right beside me the whole time. There was a possibility that the enemy would snatch him right when I wasn't around. "Terrance!" I called out. I needed to go find Tasha and I needed him to take care of Heath while I go check on her. Terrance came rushing from inside the ballroom and right to my side. 

"You called?" He looked at me, then at Heath. I nodded. 

"I need to check on Tasha. Get Heath out of here, and follow the procedure. Autumn should be at the gate now." I whispered to him, making sure Heath didn't hear anything. The other guests in the ballroom weren't important as they weren't in danger. Heath and Tasha were the important ones. I was about to go find Tasha when Heath grabbed my wrist for the second time tonight. 

"Be careful, Rosie." 

"I'm always careful." I told him without looking back. Satisfied with my response, he let me go and I ran. The hallways were much more terrifying and creepy when there wasn't any light to guide the way. As my eyes roamed around every corner searching for someone who could be spying on my every move, my hand's grip on my gun tighten. When I stopped in front of Tasha's chambers, I saw the doors slightly cracked open. Someone had definitely reached Tasha before me. 

I kicked the doors open and readied my gun. Tasha was standing at the balcony, with a man who held a knife at her throat. The man smiled at me as I slowly ascended the two. Tasha was crying silently and didn't dare to move. 

My heart beat increased and started beating rapidly as I got closer to them. "Drop the knife!" I ordered the man. He just laughed and shook his head. 

"I only follow boss's orders. You're not my boss." 

"Drop the knife!" I shouted at him, hoping the guards in the palace might have heard me or something. How did this man got into Tasha's chambers without being detected by the guards? He didn't look well-trained enough to reach my standards, so did someone attacked the guards and let him in? 

"I don't think so, Rosie." How did he know my name?! I panicked slightly and pulled the trigger. It hit right on his chest, and his arm around Tasha loosened. The knife dropped to the ground, and so did the man's body. Tasha, crying, ran to me and hugged me with all her strength. 

"We have to get out of here." I told Tasha. 

~~~

*Heath*

Terrance led me to a car that was waiting at the gate. It was the same black car I've been in earlier. Autumn winded down the window and I saw her red hair sticking out. She looked serious and calm at the same time. Terrance got into the car first, followed by me. "Where is Rosie and Tasha Mae?" Autumn narrowed her eyes at Terrance. He placed a hand on her shoulder to reassure her that they were on the way. 

On cue, I saw Rosie and Tasha running towards the car. The smile on my face didn't last long, though. The sound of gun shot filled the air, Rosie pushed Tasha away and fell to the ground, a few feet from the car. 

"ROSIE!"

~~

*Rosie*

There was a pain in my chest. It was so hard to breathe, so hard to stand up. My legs won't work, and I couldn't move much. I looked down at my chest and saw the most horrible sight. 

The blood...it was too much. The pain was unbearable. 
"Rosie!" I heard a distant voice shouting my name. Was it an angel? Was I dead already? Maybe I was. My vision was blur, and I couldn't see much besides shadows.

"Rosie!" A feminine voice shouted my name. I recognized her, her name was Tasha. Wasn't she? I managed to protect her, right? The bullet was aimed at her, I knew it. I couldn't believe I took a bullet for her. I barely knew her, and she was my Heath's wife...Maybe it was because she reminded me of myself. Wanting love from Heath, but never getting it.

Silent tears rolled down my cheeks. Wasn't anyone going to save me?

I felt a pair of arms carried me off the ground and holding me close. I was soon placed on a soft surface. "You'll be fine, Rosie. I promise." Terrance was being an older brother again. He brushed a strand of hair that was lying in front of my face. But the pain...he couldn't stop it. He can't stop the blood either.

"Am I dying?"

 "No, no you're not, Rosie." Heath said to me. 

But I was already emotionally dead. 

_________________________________________________

PREVIEW OF CHAPTER 5:

"We shall not entertain outsiders, Rosie." The head villager looked apologetically at me. We've known each other for such a long time, I even introduced Autumn and Terrance to them before. They welcomed us, but not Tasha or Heath. 

I needed to think of an excuse. Any excuse. 

"He's my fiance, Olivia."