Chapter 12: Rescue me, Romeo

Chapter 12: Rescue Me, Romeo

Everything was dark and I couldn't see. I felt my hands chained together, resting on my knees as I pulled my legs up to my chest and slowly tried to calm myself down. The floor was wet, I was sure, because my dress was soaked. Where am I? 

"I told you to get her, not scare her to death!" I heard a lady's voice shouting at someone. There were whispering and some metal noises. I pulled my legs closer to my chest and stayed at that position for at least three minutes before it became totally silent. "She's awake." 

*Heath*

My head felt like a bullet train just hit me or something. "Your Highness, are you alright? Could you give some response?" Could they just shut up for a minute? What happened, why was my head hurting so bad? 

It was dark and I could feel a warm liquid dripping on my arm, slowly making it's way to my fingers. 

Rosie. 

What happened to Rosie? 

Gathering all the strength I had, I ignored the pain and forced my eyes open. Clara was staring at me with a worried expression. Blood, my blood was stained on her shirt as she pressed a white cloth against my forehead. Eric was standing next to her, reading a piece of note, with bloody hands. 

"What's that?" I croaked. My voice was barely audible. 

Eric turned to face me, the note still in his hands. "Do you know where is Rosie, Heath?"

What? I quickly snatched the paper from his hands, trying to block the pain from distracting me.

She's fine. Meet me at Blue Tower tomorrow night.

Whoever it was, he or she was smart enough to not mention their names. "I need to find her, they're keeping her there, wherever it is."

"We'll go tomorrow night. Clara has to finish up with you." Eric ordered, pausing to look at me. "They could've killed you." I nodded. I knew that they could've just killed me if they wanted to get Rosie that badly. There was a cut on my forehead, and my arm. I looked at the opposite side of the room and found a dead maid on the ground. Blood stained at the mid-section of her body. She's obviously dead for at least two hours, judging from the color of her face. 

"I want to find her." 

*Rosie*

"Not much of a big eater, are you?" My kidnapper asked me. She was indeed a female. I was allowed to see now, but my kidnapper was smart. She covered her face with a red cloth, the same cloth that she used to wrapped her body. Her partner was leaning against the wall next to me as the both of them tried to persuade me to eat. 

"Why not kill me instead?" I glared at her. 

"Now now, let's not hate each other. The king and queen just simply wants you to use you as bait to get Heath back to their precious kingdom. After all, we'll just let you go, 'kays?" She rolled her eyes and flipped her blonde hair to the side. 

"What did you do to Heath?" I demanded to know. If they hurt him, or maybe even put a small scratch on him, I would personally kill them. If they wanted Heath, they should hurt me, not him. 

"Don't worry, we didn't hurt him...much." With that, she stood up and threw away the food container. 

"Sleep tight, Rosie. Let's hope Heath wouldn't bleed to death." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yeap this chapter is short, I noticed that. I'm actually busy with lots of things. By the way, in case people are wondering what my name really is, it's Kimberly Ashley. Thank you :)