Chapter 6: Tasha's Story

"Heath..." 
"Is that a yes?" His eyes wouldn't leave mine and his stare was completely intense.
"Give me some time, alright?" I needed time to adjust. I needed time to think through the situation. And I didn't need more drama. Having people after Heath was already hard enough, I didn't want to deal with the fact that I just kissed another girl's husband. 

"Okay, I understand, Rosie." He let go of my hands and smiled at me. "I'm going to get some rest. You should too, Rosie." I nodded and let out a tiny smile as he walked away, heading to his own temporary home. I didn't feel like resting yet so I decided to go back to the others and hang out for a little while. 
I saw Tasha sitting at the spot before she left while Terrance and Autumn were still in a deep conversation with each other. Seeing Tasha made me slightly uncomfortable as I had a flashback of the kiss Heath and I shared a few minutes ago.

"Hey Rosie!" Tasha grinned at me. "You're back."
"Yeah, being near the fire is better than being cold." I responded to her.
She looked at her hands for awhile and then at the fire, her face told me that she was thinking of something. Her smile slowly faltered. The silence was terrible, it made me feel guilty as hell.

"I know he loves you, Rosie..." I stared at Tasha with wide eyes. Did I heard wrong? "No, let me explain first. I knew he loved you since the day you entered that room. The first time I met you after you vanished for three months. When you entered that room, I saw that brightness in his eyes as he looked at you, Rosie. I never seen him so...in awe. It's as if he seen the goddess herself."
I was speechless. I didn't know what to say to Tasha or how to react at all. She gave a soft smile and continued to look at the fire.

"At first I was jealous, thinking why couldn't he see me like that. But then the queen told me that Heath had loved you since the both of you were younger. I still didn't get it. But then, that night when the both of you danced together at his birthday ball, you guys looked so in love, so right together. Yes, I spied on the both of you. I apologize for that. But it convinced me that I wasn't meant for him, but someone else. So Rosie, I want you to know that I'm fine with you guys loving each other, kays?" 

I didn't know what to say. She was jealous of me the whole time? And she knew I loved Heath? Wow, she was good. 

"I'm sure you'll meet someone one day, Tasha." I promised her. She nodded and smiled, not saying a word. 

"I hope so..." 

~~~

"Your Highness, would you like me to show you around the village?" a boy with hazel eyes asked Tasha. Tasha blushed as she took in his looks. He had the lightest hazel eyes, soft brown hair and a beautiful smile. He was fit and tall, almost as tall as Heath. I recognized him of course, he was Wes, the most handsome guy in the village. Tasha placed her book beside her and looked at him, like she couldn't believe Wes was actually willing to 'show her around the village'. 

"Um..."
"Wes. Wes Kyle."
"Oh. I love your name." Tasha paused and blushed. Oh boy! "Okay, you could show me around." She giggled and followed him, completely forgetting that she was ditching me to go for a walk with a boy she met seconds ago.

"Being ditched, princess?" Heath appeared behind me and sat down beside me on the ground. 
"I'm not a princess, but yes, the queen herself has ditched me for prince charming of this village." I rolled my eyes and laughed.

~~~

*Tasha*

 I've never felt so happy before. Wes told me jokes, made me laugh till my tummy hurts and introduced me to the nicest people in the village. He showed me the river and by the end of the day, I realized I've just met Wes for a few hours and I've already love his company. Was this what people called 'love'?